lulu07 Posted Wed 08 Aug, 2007 9:35 PM Quote
Erm, well, um, you see.....

When I go to Greece!

Re: 'thinspiration'
Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:20 AM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

as you've guessed i'm a size 4 - and i'm 5'4

I'm 5'4 too and a UK 6 - but they seem to be few and far between. Maybe the small sizes sell as soon as they come into the shops? There's always big sizes left over, so doesn't that say that small sizes are in demand? They should be making more, not less.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 11:56 AM Quote
Sunny wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

as you've guessed i'm a size 4 - and i'm 5'4

I'm 5'4 too and a UK 6 - but they seem to be few and far between. Maybe the small sizes sell as soon as they come into the shops? There's always big sizes left over, so doesn't that say that small sizes are in demand? They should be making more, not less.

Re-typing this one as i deleted it !

When i worked in production, if we had an order for say 100 pcs for a garment, we'd break it down using a ratio (ie : XS : 5 pcs - S : 15 pcs - M : 30 - L : 30 - XL : 20)
Thus a lot less pieces are produced by factories for tiny sizes.

I see a an opportunity here : make fashionable clothes for small sizes at affordable prices.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 2:03 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

I see a an opportunity here : make fashionable clothes for small sizes at affordable prices.

Funnily enough I have looked into this as a business venture, but it would be hard to break into the market. However, there is a shop in the UK for 'larger' sizes (called 'Evans'), so why not have one for smaller sizes?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 09 Aug, 2007 7:03 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

Funnily enough I have looked into this as a business venture, but it would be hard to break into the market. However, there is a shop in the UK for 'larger' sizes (called 'Evans'), so why not have one for smaller sizes?

let's do it on the net ! i'll call Philip Green asap and will let you know the outcome.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 8:08 PM