Travis

Re: Selfish Jean
Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 5:55 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
The people who ordered them str8 away didnt get signed copies - or thats what it seems like anyway!

Exactly! You must have been the first one to order - You even posted here to tell us it was available for order...

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 5:57 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
That doesn't seem right - not sure I agree with the "random" signed copies. It should have been first come, first served!

I have nothing against the random signed copies so long as this is clearly stated from the start.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:03 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
The people who ordered them str8 away didnt get signed copies - or thats what it seems like anyway!

Exactly! You must have been the first one to order - You even posted here to tell us it was available for order...

Yeah I know. It's not like I'm that bothered that it's not signed. Just annoyed that we didn't get signed copies even though we should have under the rules that were stated when we ordered!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:04 PM Quote
Am I the only one who thinks that random signed copies was a good idea, especially if there were people who couldn't get their order through straight away and might have missed out on the chance to get a signed copy.
BUT, it was misleading to those who were first to order, thinking they would be in with a good chance of obtaining a signed copy, then Wee Store changing their minds about it.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:07 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that random signed copies was a good idea, especially if there were people who couldn't get their order through straight away and might have missed out on the chance to get a signed copy.
BUT, it was misleading to those who were first to order, thinking they would be in with a good chance of obtaining a signed copy, then Wee Store changing their minds about it.

I agree that it's a cool idea just not when they change their minds after people have already ordered it. It's false advertising but ah well if it's in the name of Travis it make it more bareable!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:14 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:

I agree that it's a cool idea just not when they change their minds after people have already ordered it. It's false advertising but ah well if it's in the name of Travis it make it more bareable!

I agree it is false advertising. Have Wee Store done this kinda thing before? Apart from Selfish Jean I have never ordered anything else from them before. Have fellow boardies had problems with them before?

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:20 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:

I agree it is false advertising. Have Wee Store done this kinda thing before? Apart from Selfish Jean I have never ordered anything else from them before. Have fellow boardies had problems with them before?

I don't think the Wee Store is to blame. I think Recordstore is. Or maybe they simply filtered out the people who had already received a signed copy of Closer?

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:22 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:

I don't think the Wee Store is to blame. I think Recordstore is. Or maybe they simply filtered out the people who had already received a signed copy of Closer?

I wonder if you can still get signed copies of Closer?

choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:51 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:

I brought this up earlier when Selfish Jean became available for pre-order.

I said that wee store said first 500 copies, but the actual site recordstore said they would be random

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 6:54 PM Quote
choke the chicken wrote:
Lucile wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:

I brought this up earlier when Selfish Jean became available for pre-order.

I said that wee store said first 500 copies, but the actual site recordstore said they would be random

When I ordered mine - Recordstore said first 500 as I ordered it direct off there and not through the wee store.

emma10
emma10 Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 9:50 AM Quote
I agree. I ordered before it was even officially announced on the site and didn't get a signed copy. I wouldn't have minded if I'd known from the start that it was random but I'd ordered believing I'd get a signed copy. And not even got a record player! Think it was badly organised by recordstore.

Just glad I managed to get the cd signed at the gig!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 1:30 PM Quote
My bundle arrived today.. and it was signed!! Wheee!
I wasn't around when they offered signed closer singles, so this really made my day! Gonna treasure this vinyl forever :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 11:05 PM