Travis

Re: Song Showdown - News & Discussion
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 11:57 AM Quote
This showdown will literally kill ME! I'm still not sure about the choices I made.....Feels like I love the songs with different parts of my body (haha that sounds weird I know).

But some songs have lyrics that go straight to your heart, others have a melody that's genius, some songs are hits that made me listen to Travis in the first place and some songs rocks your socks.

I don't care which songs that win, I just feel sorry for those who lose...

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Midsummer Nights Dreamin seems to be everyones least favourite Travis-song...

oh, absolutely. i almost always skip it when listening to the album.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
It isn't my least favourite at all. I really like it. :)

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
This showdown will literally kill ME! I'm still not sure about the choices I made.....Feels like I love the songs with different parts of my body (haha that sounds weird I know).

But some songs have lyrics that go straight to your heart, others have a melody that's genius, some songs are hits that made me listen to Travis in the first place and some songs rocks your socks.

I don't care which songs that win, I just feel sorry for those who lose...

You're a great killer...first kill songs than fell sorry for them...;)

There should be an anonymous help-group for song-killers :p

But yeah...I was very fond of "under the moonlight"...and now (haven't seen the new votes yet) I gotta fear for my beloved "love will come through"....

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 6:38 PM Quote

Aaaaaaaaaargh Just seen the last few votes-entries.....

How can you eliminate One night? This is like...ahhh When I hear thissong - the world stops turning! People stop talking, birds stop singing -it's breath-taking, it's wonderful - it's like an massiv "implosion"...how can you eliminate this song?

So...I definitly wonder now what goes through your minds while making these choices - while listening to these songs....tell me.....so I can understand ;)....

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaargh Just seen the last few votes-entries.....

How can you eliminate One night? This is like...ahhh When I hear thissong - the world stops turning! People stop talking, birds stop singing -it's breath-taking, it's wonderful - it's like an massiv "implosion"...how can you eliminate this song?

So...I definitly wonder now what goes through your minds while making these choices - while listening to these songs....tell me.....so I can understand ;)....

Hopefully One Night will still be alive when this round comes to en end, it's a beautiful song.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
My worst fear right now is that AIWTIR will beat Driftwood :S

AIWTIR is a great song, but Driftwood is one of those songs that made me LOVE this band in the first place.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 9:09 PM Quote
Just to say, I like the idea of seeding in future showdowns. Problem is, how do we create the rankings in the first place? If we went off this showdown's results, then we'd have, for instance, Quite Free near the bottom of the seeding despite being a popular song. But if and when we did get some sort of ranking system, I guess it'd be a case of splitting the list in half and having the top-half songs paired with bottom-half songs? I'd then have to generate two random number lists (1-32 & 33-64) I'm guessing, rather than just one full list. If anyone has any ideas how we can make it work practically though, I will consider it. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/1-Smile.gif

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
OHMEATPIES wrote:
Pickled onions?

With all this talk about pickling, I've had an idea! When the songs have been brutally murdered, we can pickle them and they'll be preserved forever! They might have a bit of a vinegar aftertaste, but it's better than nothing. Go get vinegar and a huge jar Luke!

;)

Oh, what a great idea. I'm sure they'll be yummy!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
Luke, I think some sort of seeding system would be good. I think it would make the showdown more fun and more interesting (it's already fun and interesting), especially in the later rounds. I voted for Side but I look out for Quite Free because I love it. In fact, I kind of regret voting for Side now. lol It looks pretty close between the two. Same with Closer and Last Words. Whereas other songs seem to be winning easily. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
AIWTIR is a great song, but Driftwood is one of those songs that made me LOVE this band in the first place.

I doubt whether I'd be a fan of Travis if it weren't for Driftwood. Pretty pretty please don't vote it out! *begs*

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Just to say, I like the idea of seeding in future showdowns. Problem is, how do we create the rankings in the first place? If we went off this showdown's results, then we'd have, for instance, Quite Free near the bottom of the seeding despite being a popular song. But if and when we did get some sort of ranking system, I guess it'd be a case of splitting the list in half and having the top-half songs paired with bottom-half songs? I'd then have to generate two random number lists (1-32 & 33-64) I'm guessing, rather than just one full list. If anyone has any ideas how we can make it work practically though, I will consider it. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/1-Smile.gif

Nice thinking, normally seeding works by pairing the first with the 64th and works towards the centre, but I can see why this would be a bit predictable. Also you'd have to keep sorting through to the next round otherwise there'd be lots of nasty pair ups there too.

To sort them, you could open a thread a few weeks before the showdown where you get people to vote for their favouritwe 10 or 20 or do one of those lists where you can add one point onto each of three songs and take away one point from another three until they run out of points.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 10:01 PM Quote

LUke,
something like that?

http://www.doodle.com/main.html

It's a Swisspage: here can you do a voting. (scroll down and you can change the language) :) It's very simple and quite helpful - well it was for us ;)
But for the last kind of voting it wouldn't work...
But there are even better pages that give you the system..but hey one could even do it by himself (if you know how...I don't ;( )

But hey I like the system now :) just too bad for you :(

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
If Driftwood goes down, I'm going down with it....

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 14 Nov, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Luke, I think some sort of seeding system would be good. I think it would make the showdown more fun and more interesting (it's already fun and interesting), especially in the later rounds. I voted for Side but I look out for Quite Free because I love it. In fact, I kind of regret voting for Side now. lol It looks pretty close between the two. Same with Closer and Last Words. Whereas other songs seem to be winning easily. :)

Go on Ben , quickly edit it whilst Luke's not looking :-P
I voted for Quite Free - I think it's an amazing song. Side has stood the test of time but it's time to make way for the new classics!!!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:24 PM