Travis

Re: where is everyone?
Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
Sorry, I had to run! Too many people coming up to the counter! Blah like I'm here to WORK!!! lol

Labour Day huh? Never heard of it. What's that day for? We get loads of days off over here, bank holidays!

Ohhhh abs I hate nasty peeps! they think because they are not talking to you face to face they can say what they like over the phone! It's so rude. People have NO manners any more! tut tut

How are you guys doing anyhow??? :0)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
No turkey today. Ham sandwiches were the specialty this afternoon. I have a pot roast to make for tomorrow's dinner. That'll be nice. With a side of corn and some herb roasted potatoes. How's that? What time shall I expect you?

OMG ! I've never had corn.
What herbs are you talking about ? Mary Jane ?

Are you joking, or have you really never had corn? I looooove corn on the cob. YUM. I had some yesterday at my grandmas.

I like Sweetcorn but not corn on the hob....it's messy and gets stuck in your teeth! Yucky!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

I like Sweetcorn but not corn on the hob....it's messy and gets stuck in your teeth! Yucky!

Don't be such a sissy. ;o)

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 8:35 AM Quote
I just wanted to say american corn is the best. I miss it and I will eat it in 8 days--if New Orleans is still there, of course.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 11:03 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
This place has been dead lately....where have you all gone? Was I not invited? lmao

Uni mostly, and then straight home to new boyfriend :) Forgot that internet existed for a while.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 11:03 AM Quote
double post

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
I just wanted to say american corn is the best. I miss it and I will eat it in 8 days--if New Orleans is still there, of course.

What's the difference?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 3:06 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

What's the difference?

corn came from the new world mazn

corn has been cultivated for so long it can no longer reproduce itself

corn tortillas are groovy

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 3:20 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

corn has been cultivated for so long it can no longer reproduce itself

What do you mean?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Peewee wrote:
This place has been dead lately....where have you all gone? Was I not invited? lmao

Uni mostly, and then straight home to new boyfriend :) Forgot that internet existed for a while.

Ohhhhhh I don't blame you! Go girly!!! ;)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
No turkey today. Ham sandwiches were the specialty this afternoon. I have a pot roast to make for tomorrow's dinner. That'll be nice. With a side of corn and some herb roasted potatoes. How's that? What time shall I expect you?

Are you joking, or have you really never had corn? I looooove corn on the cob. YUM. I had some yesterday at my grandmas.

I've never had corn and i'm not joking.
It's not a popular dish over here.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
in season, fresh corn on the cob is the most delightful thing ever! mmmm

Labour Day is kinda useless, but you get to sleep in, so thats all i care about!

Ya, i think it's equivillant to a Bank Holiday in the UK. One of those random ones. Like we have a new holiday of "Family Day" in February when you get a random monday off for no reason. And the Civic Holiday the first monday of August. Labour Day sucked as a kid though..back to school the next day.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 8:13 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

What's the difference?

The American corn is juicy, sweet, and even creamy. It is delicious and I love it! Don't get me wrong in Turkey we have great variety and quality of fruits, vegetables, and all kinds of food; but corn is a different story. It is drier, very bland tasting and even harder to bite. It has big deeper yellow ears (?is this the term for those little yellow corn pearls? I do not know) And it is disappointing to have it boiled but it is better when grilled.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Nikki wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I've never had corn and i'm not joking.
It's not a popular dish over here.

Never had sweetcorn Abs?! What veggies are your preferred over there? :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
sebnemy wrote:

What's the difference?

The American corn is juicy, sweet, and even creamy. It is delicious and I love it! Don't get me wrong in Turkey we have great variety and quality of fruits, vegetables, and all kinds of food; but corn is a different story. It is drier, very bland tasting and even harder to bite. It has big deeper yellow ears (?is this the term for those little yellow corn pearls? I do not know) And it is disappointing to have it boiled but it is better when grilled.

Thanks for the info. The individual pieces of corn are called kernels. The ear is the whole thing, cob and all. That sounds like what we called "field corn," which is basically just corn to feed animals.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:58 AM