Travis

Re: Something anything: I have some doubt......
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 8:57 PM Quote
Just listened to "Something Anything"...I love it! The guitar solo is ROCKING. This will sound amazing live! I think it's a great first single, but "Song To Self" would have been great too.

This is why I love this band so much. They can be happy and melodic, mellow and melancholy or they can completely rock it out.

Nice work Travis! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Just listened to "Something Anything"...I love it! The guitar solo is ROCKING. This will sound amazing live! I think it's a great first single, but "Song To Self" would have been great too.

This is why I love this band so much. They can be happy and melodic, mellow and melancholy or they can completely rock it out.

Nice work Travis! :)

Well said Nikki. I was thinking that recently. The first single from TBWNN was Closer. The first off Ode To J Smith, Something Anything. Slight difference! Haha.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Maybe we should wait for Ode to come out before we start comparing and contrasting it to Good Feeling.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Kristy wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Few have it but are unsure of uploading with it being the single.

I think the new stuff is far better than Good Feeling.

Why am I not surprised by that ...?

Maybe because it is actually better?

In what way?

No answer?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
I don't know if Ode will be better or worse than Good Feeling, but they're definitely better musicians now.
They've got years of experience on their backs and it shows.

I thought Song To Self would make a great first single, but now after listening to Something Anything I think it'll be an awesome first single. The song is so good and different from Travis' latest singles that with good promotion it should put Travis back on the charts.

I'm absolutely blown away by it. I think it's a great choice for first single (I haven't heard many more songs off the album but still).

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
More exciting, more enjoyable. Like Fran says, it's loud and rocky but still has classic Travis melody. I think the new songs, in general, are better than those from 11 years ago.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:23 PM Quote
Right, ok. Guess I'll have to enjoy the 11 year old songs on me own then.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Right, ok. Guess I'll have to enjoy the 11 year old songs on me own then.

Don't like what you've heard so far, eh? Well, maybe you'll change your mind once you actually get the album and have a good listen. Ya never know.

I completely agree with you, Juli, they have the experience now and are better musicians.

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:43 PM Quote
Firstly I'm glad that they've chosen this one rather than Song to Self which is good but not as great as Something Anything.
Secondly I agree with Tonie that the consequent gigs are going to be amazing with such a rocky feel.
Finally although they have more of a rocky feel to them, I still find myself quite happily singing along. The best of both worlds the way I see it - damn near perfection!

nesmap
nesmap Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
Everytime I hear it, it seems to sound as though it's muted, so to speak, or there's some kind of 'muffler' over the sound.

Just release the force guys ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:
Everytime I hear it, it seems to sound as though it's muted, so to speak, or there's some kind of 'muffler' over the sound.

Just release the force guys ;)

Could be the quality over the radio?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Firstly I'm glad that they've chosen this one rather than Song to Self which is good but not as great as Something Anything.
Secondly I agree with Tonie that the consequent gigs are going to be amazing with such a rocky feel.
Finally although they have more of a rocky feel to them, I still find myself quite happily singing along. The best of both worlds the way I see it - damn near perfection!

That's a good way to describe it! It is the best of both worlds!

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
Well it is, isn't it? You either leave it at a decent volume and hum/sing away to your heart's content OR you put it on full blast, dance and go bezeerrrrrkkkkkk!!

81 Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
And after Manchester United - Juve.... I am here, on internet. Wow, how much messages!!
What I want to say is that, to publicize the new album, I preferred song to self or friends or chinese blues. For example, in Italy is difficult to listen in radio songs very rock with guitar solos; I don't know in other countries

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Kristy wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Few have it but are unsure of uploading with it being the single.

I think the new stuff is far better than Good Feeling.

Why am I not surprised by that ...?

Maybe because it is actually better?

Nothing they have done has topped More Than Us in my eyes
I don't think you can compare the two albums. One is a debut album, and as debut albums go, it's a huge sounding one for a band who have a softer, more melodic edge at the best of times. The other is the bands 7th studio album- one coming 12 years after their first release. So with experience of touring and writing and performing, it's so hard to compare both albums against each other for me, contextually

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:46 PM