Travis

Re: Dougie=) Thanks for your guitar pick!It means so much to
frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
damon wrote:
show us a pic !!!

im trying to upload the pic but thr seems to be some problems coz i can't seem to be able to change my main avatar..does anybody know why??

even the picture that i post for the tour archive don't seem to appear=( its taking so long to be approved...but don't worry damon i'll try to get the problem fixed so i can retry to upload the pics soon...cheers for now*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
creave wrote:
did u take any foto of the one-in-a-million-pick??! XDD

is it orange????

haHA!!hellO creave yes its orange and there's the word tortex formed to shape the shell of a tortoise.below it are the words DUNLOP U.S.A 60 mm...lol!(sniffing the pick not in a disgusting way)it do smells like dougie strummed his guitar with it*)

i took a pic with it only wen i reached home coz i was too ecstatic and shocked to do anythg else when i first got my hands on it=p

Like this?
http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/25/m2/2339325070

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Like this?
http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/25/m2/2339325070

spot on!ur absolutely right...like the one that's shown on my main avatar=) its a pic of dougie's towel that my sis got(she scribbled his name on it)and the orange pick lying on it is the ONE!!!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
damon wrote:
show us a pic !!!

there u go damon..i changed my main avatar.it has the image(rather blurry though) of dougie's pick!

irem
irem Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 10:04 PM Quote
yeah. you're lucky. in istanbul we didn't get the chance of catching the picks they threw because only 1 out of 4 made it into the crowd. they all hit to the stage lights...

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 8:00 AM Quote
irem wrote:
yeah. you're lucky. in istanbul we didn't get the chance of catching the picks they threw because only 1 out of 4 made it into the crowd. they all hit to the stage lights...

really?oh that's sad to hear...in singapore our venue wasn't that huge and the barricade was quite close to the stage..i was lucky to be at the front in the middle=)but im sure the venue at istanbul was way better and the crowd was huger=D

irem
irem Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 12:31 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
irem wrote:

really?oh that's sad to hear...in singapore our venue wasn't that huge and the barricade was quite close to the stage..i was lucky to be at the front in the middle=)but im sure the venue at istanbul was way better and the crowd was huger=D

i dunno about the size of the crowd because i was at the front from start to end, but 2 picks landed between the stage and the barricade, where there were 2 security guards. we had asked one of them to give us a pick in case it lands there, but he didn't take the picks even though they were quite close to him. the other security guard took it and gave it to some people on the right side of the front line.

damon
damon Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 3:24 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
damon wrote:
show us a pic !!!

there u go damon..i changed my main avatar.it has the image(rather blurry though) of dougie's pick!

nice,,, in my pics i also have one !! i never expected from hi,, and he just gave it to me in the airport, those guys are the coolest !!

i propuse a toast for douguie !!

damon
damon Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 3:24 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
damon wrote:
show us a pic !!!

nice,,, in my pics i also have one !! i never expected from hi,, and he just gave it to me in the airport, those guys are the coolest !!

i propuse a toast for dougie !!

ashleymummy
ashleymummy Posted Wed 06 Aug, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
Hello Dougie=) I juz wanna say thanks soOOOO much for giving me your guitar pick=)I'll definitely keep it till the day i die!It really meant a lot to me..U were so wonderful aLL throughout...U kept smiling and u looked really appreciative of the crowd.
I hope u remember me i was right in front in the middle waving the towel me and my sisters made with the trademark Travis logo on it.I hope u got it coz i threw it onstage but i don't think any of u saw it..Anyways i hope it made its way to any of u guys=)haha!

Thanks for just being so awesome and for smiling back at me and the others when we waved or smiled or screamed at u!U were so generous with smiles=) I LOVE U ANYWAYS!!
P/S:U sang Turn beautifully!!IT made my day!I WILL PAY any amount to see u sing again=D

Fran thanks for singing Love Will Come Through!!And please keep your words!HOpe i'll cya again sooN!

Sincerely,
Su(the biggest Travis fan from Singapore)

I saw u guys with the towel! U gals are lucky! It was really an amazing moment, my 1st time LIVE with them. I tot they'll never have an Asia Tour anymore, since they sort of 'mia' from Asia scene for really long.

I was really surprised to hear from the Radio that TRAVIS was coming down for the SINGFEST on last Friday.. immediately I went to Sistics Online to purchase the tixs. If that moment I din turn on the Radio.. I will never ever see them LIVE at all. I'm still in clouds nine now, havent wake up from that Sat nite. hehe.. Pass few days, I've been watching their Youtubes in the office.. :P
My 3 YO gal whom is also a Travis fan, but she only recognize Fran & I introduce her "Closer" MTV when she was 2 YO. She was so happy at the SINGFEST, kept asking me when is Uncle Closer coming? Why so long? Why so late? Hehe! She dozed off aro 10. I went to join the crowd, my hb was tending her. He woke her up when Travis sang the 2nd or 3rd song. She was smiling when she heard "Closer", & she joined in to jump the POGO at the last part. hee. For past few days, she has been humming & singing her fav ClOSER, she still rem that nite & told me she wanna go UNCLER CLOSER concert again! hehe I'm so delighted to know we share the same IDOL! :D

Fran, you have a 3 YO YOUNG fan here! She keeps telling me she LUV you! She wants to see u sing in Singapore again. So pls come back soon, else her Mummy will be too old to POGO by then! hee!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 7:22 AM Quote

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 7:24 AM Quote
i dunno about the size of the crowd because i was at the front from start to end, but 2 picks landed between the stage and the barricade, where there were 2 security guards. we had asked one of them to give us a pick in case it lands there, but he didn't take the picks even though they were quite close to him. the other security guard took it and gave it to some people on the right side of the front line. [/quote]

woW!!me too i stayed at the front from start till the end coz i juz knew i had to be right there when Travis came onstage.Ours was a music fest and they were the headliners so they came on last...

i was super enthusiastic all throughout shouting the lines at the top of my lungs!haha!maybe that's why dougie threw me his pick.

i didn't get mine easily too coz Dougie threw it to me but it slipped off my fingers to the front of the barricade but a guard picked it up when i signalled for him to.And at that time a lot of other hands were reaching for the pick too but i told the guard "i swear its mine..i swear its mine" and he passed it to me.Thank God!!!

don't worry they're really nice folks maybe one day u'll meet them agn and they'll give u a little piece of them.gooD lucK=D
[/quote]

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 7:26 AM Quote
thanx for the replies=)))) keep it coming guys!!!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 7:31 AM Quote
damon wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
damon wrote:
show us a pic !!!

i propuse a toast for dougie !!

woW!!!!that's reallY awesome!i'll be so awestruck if i meet them face to face=))) what more if they gave me their guitar picks*)

i see ur avatar shows u playing the guitar.have u ever used the pick he gave u before??that would be sooo nice...now that i got his pick i promised myself that i'll learn how to play the guitar and the 1st song i'll play will definitely be a Travis song=DDDDDD

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 7:38 AM Quote
ashleymummy wrote:

I saw u guys with the towel! U gals are lucky! It was really an amazing moment, my 1st time LIVE with them. I tot they'll never have an Asia Tour anymore, since they sort of 'mia' from Asia scene for really long.

I was really surprised to hear from the Radio that TRAVIS was coming down for the SINGFEST on last Friday.. immediately I went to Sistics Online to purchase the tixs. If that moment I din turn on the Radio.. I will never ever see them LIVE at all. I'm still in clouds nine now, havent wake up from that Sat nite. hehe.. Pass few days, I've been watching their Youtubes in the office.. :P
My 3 YO gal whom is also a Travis fan, but she only recognize Fran & I introduce her "Closer" MTV when she was 2 YO. She was so happy at the SINGFEST, kept asking me when is Uncle Closer coming? Why so long? Why so late? Hehe! She dozed off aro 10. I went to join the crowd, my hb was tending her. He woke her up when Travis sang the 2nd or 3rd song. She was smiling when she heard "Closer", & she joined in to jump the POGO at the last part. hee. For past few days, she has been humming & singing her fav ClOSER, she still rem that nite & told me she wanna go UNCLER CLOSER concert again! hehe I'm so delighted to know we share the same IDOL! :D

Fran, you have a 3 YO YOUNG fan here! She keeps telling me she LUV you! She wants to see u sing in Singapore again. So pls come back soon, else her Mummy will be too old to POGO by then! hee! [/quote]

oHHH!!!good to know u saw us with the towels!!haha...we threw the towel onstage later but i dun think they got it...

that's so SweeTTT!!!ur 3 yr old daughter is a fan??they'll be delighted if they know...uncle closer i s such a cute name=DD

and yup me tooo i was so excited when i found out that they were coming!!!i had a panic attack and i knew i had to go onLY for Travis!i was in front the whole time but i went thru super crazy pushing at the mosh pit when the other bands were up 1st but it was definitely worth it when Travis came onstage.It was my 1st time too catching them and they blew my mind aLL throughout=))

Man it was juz awesome and definitely one of the best nights of my lifE!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:07 PM