Travis

Re: The Official 'Interesting' Post
Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:54 AM Quote
According to Wikipedia the word 'crap' apparently does not derive from Thomas Crapper as widely believed (ahh shame, I always thought this to be a great story) but the Thomas Crapper Company still exists, producing these incredible old fashioned toilets.

physke
physke Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:15 AM Quote
when romans decided to settle somewhere, they sacrified animals to check epidemic from their intestines.

when they decided to occupy somewhere, they blocked the sewerage, and after the first rain (now everywhere is full of shit) romans assault when everybody is demoralized.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:45 AM Quote
Cool facts n stuff, keep em coming.

Despite destroying 13,200 houses 87 churches, 44 Livery Halls and over 80 per cent of the city, the Great Fire Of London killed just 5 people.

Work is a bigger killer than drink, drugs or war. Around two million people die every year from work-related accidents and diseases, as opposed to a mere 650,000 who are killed in wars.

Apparently we have 9 senses, not 5. As well as sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch there is:
1) Thermoception, the sense of heat (or its absence) on the skin
2) Equilibrioception, our sense of balance
3) Nociception, the perception of pain from the skin, joints and body organs.
4) Proprioception, or 'body awareness'. This is the unconscious knowledge of where our body parts are without being able to see or feel them.

Funny pictures of cats:
http://www.images-photography-pictures.net/funny-picture-cat-picture-ehpien-cat.jpg
http://www.itchmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/funny-pictures-cat-tongue-stuck.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x101/nmhrbrtsn/macros/funny-pictures-cat-strangles-cat.jpg
http://www.lolercoaster.com/wp-content/funny-pictures-cat-swimming-fetch-stick.jpg

Re: The Official 'Interesting' Post NYC version
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 1:43 PM Quote
Charles Bock and Richard Price Central Park Summerstage Thursday July 31, 2008 7:30 pm start time 69th St at 5th Ave Entrance/Rumsey Field
Commemorative posters, by famed rock poster artist Chuck Sperry, will be at the autograph table, after the readings, for anybody who brings or buys a book. While supplies last!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/ricv64/poster03.jpg

7 colors metalics involved

nesmap
nesmap Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 2:13 PM Quote
When I finish Uni I'll find my QI book and regurgitate the whole thing on here ;)

For the meantime, Alan Davies, star of QI, is back on our screens as Jonathan Creek for a Christmas Special this year. Cannot wait!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 2:41 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
"My Cat's breath smells of Cat Food"

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/07/39/0000000739_20060919022344.jpg

I Love Ralphie!
But I suppose that isn't very interesting.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 3:45 PM Quote
spid wrote:
1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
2. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
3. A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
4. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
5. A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before it starves to death.
6. Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

I'll save the rest for the next time I read this thread!

You totally went to google and typed in interesting facts! I know because yesterday I was about to type those exact facts in...

spid
spid Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 4:00 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
spid wrote:
1. If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
2. If you fart consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
3. A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
4. Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
5. A cockroach will live nine days without it's head, before it starves to death.
6. Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.

I'll save the rest for the next time I read this thread!

You totally went to google and typed in interesting facts! I know because yesterday I was about to type those exact facts in...

got me! I am terribly uninteresting in real life so google is my best friend!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 10 Aug, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”

LOL is this true?

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 10 Aug, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”

LOL is this true?

I have heard this but as a joke with regard to Argentinians, actually is a bad joke xD. Because Argentinians say "colgate" due to they have an accent and pronuciation different from the other Spanish speakears countries cause actually we, the other Spanish speakers countries, say "cuélgate".
Really sucky joke xD.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sun 10 Aug, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Peewee wrote:

LOL is this true?

I have heard this but as a joke with regard to Argentinians, actually is a bad joke xD. Because Argentinians say "colgate" due to they have an accent and pronuciation different from the other Spanish speakears countries cause actually we, the other Spanish speakers countries, say "cuélgate".
Really sucky joke xD.

LOL! I've never heard it.

mili
mili Posted Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
A long time ago there was a fire in a church in Finland which killed several people. Since then there became a law that all front doors have to open outwards (don't think it's a law anymore). If you see someone pulling a front door of a shop, that person is most likely Finnish, as 99 % of Finnish front doors open outwards.

One known exception: the new Luis Vuitton shop on Pohjois Esplanadi in the heart of Helsinki has a "Central European" system with their door, thankfully they also have a doorman opening that door to all those Finns who try to pull it.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 Aug, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
mili wrote:
A long time ago there was a fire in a church in Finland which killed several people. Since then there became a law that all front doors have to open outwards (don't think it's a law anymore). If you see someone pulling a front door of a shop, that person is most likely Finnish, as 99 % of Finnish front doors open outwards.

One known exception: the new Luis Vuitton shop on Pohjois Esplanadi in the heart of Helsinki has a "Central European" system with their door, thankfully they also have a doorman opening that door to all those Finns who try to pull it.

All fire exits in the world open outwards after the Glen Cinema disaster in Paisley Hogmanay 1929.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
There is a TRAVIS blvd in Farfield California, Lindsey territory . Also a Travis Air Force Base there too

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 9:21 PM Quote
Bump.

Someone say something interesting.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:41 AM