Travis

Re: Does anyone else feel nauseous in the summer?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 28 Jul, 2008 5:17 PM Quote
I feel a bit "iffy" but I know that it's the 4 day session I've been on since I got paid on Thursday....

Aahhhhh.... Bulmers - full of appley goodness (does it count as one of your 5-a-day ??).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/11/15348459_7cd10f4d1f.jpg

Dubz

dee
dee Posted Mon 28 Jul, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
i hate summer clothes-i always look icky and uncomfortable in them, i much rather weather where i can wear lovely scarves and coats, boots with tights, dresses with tees etc...
i am just not built for warm weather...i am just a miserable sod all over these days

physke
physke Posted Mon 28 Jul, 2008 11:57 PM Quote
I love to wear summer clothes in the winter. That's my vision for fashion:)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
Parkas and scarves and big wooly socks!! :D

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 3:50 AM Quote
physke wrote:

Haha, I think that Canada (or Syberia) is the place for me to live in. And I curse the global warming, things are just getting worse for you and me!

It's winter here, and a few weeks ago it was 29°C! I hate global warming! It's colder now, thank god!

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 6:28 PM Quote
I hate the summer in Madrid. 33ºC right now.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
The radio show I listen to on my way to work has a woman from Norwich on the program. This morning the other guy said, "According to the weather today it'll be 103 degrees (39.4 c). What would happen if it was that hot in Norwich?"

She said, "The entire population would be wiped out. Everyone would die and everything would melt away."

Reading this thread I have a feeling she is spot on.

And on a random note, her brother and his girlfriend are in Austin visiting. Apparently her brother is dating Beverly Knight and she is going to come to the studio tomorrow and sing. I had to look her up to even know who that is. Should be interesting. Especially since the station is an alternative rock station.

physke
physke Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

Oh c'mon, it was above 40ºC last week in Izmir, now it's 34ºC and I thank to God for it's "cold" today:)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
It's 85ºF here (about 29ºC) today. Nice and summery! I so rarely get to brag about Michigan weather, I feel like I have to keep doing it while I have the chance. Today is a little hotter than it has been, but perfect for the pool. We haven't had any REALLY stifling weather where it's unbearable from the moment you wake up. It's been so pleasant! I read my favorite summertime book again and I am just eating up this summer with a spoon!

Juli, what is the coolest it gets there in winter? How hot in summer?

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:

Oh c'mon, it was above 40ºC last week in Izmir, now it's 34ºC and I thank to God for it's "cold" today:)

33º is pretty good, but it's even worse during the night. The south of Spain is like a frying pan :p

physke
physke Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 9:57 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:

33º is pretty good, but it's even worse during the night. The south of Spain is like a frying pan :p

It's windy tonight, seems like I'm going to sleep without trouble. And for those who live in Spain: I hope it gets cooler in there too:)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:53 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:

Yes, here, is like a frying pan hehe. Some days ago, was more than 40ºC, today 36ºC, more chilly :D

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:39 AM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:

Yes, here, is like a frying pan hehe. Some days ago, was more than 40ºC, today 36ºC, more chilly :D

I hate the summer! Barcelona is the hell!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:23 AM