Travis

Re: FAO Dubz.
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Ever been to the sand dunes around there, right off the beach? Very cool. Warren Dunes, that's the name.

Yes! We were at the dunes! They're awesome!

Like a Hotdog, Awesome ??

Dubz

Maybe I'm slow...but I don't get it, lol.

me niether , musket Gone i got pretty quick

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Ever been to the sand dunes around there, right off the beach? Very cool. Warren Dunes, that's the name.

Dubz

Eddie Izzard

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 4:50 PM Quote
Not to interrupt the Great Lakes discussion (love the sand dunes by the way) but I had a funny story having to do with Guinness.

My husband and his brother went to Ireland way back when and they did a tour of the Guinness factory. At the end they give you two tokens to "buy" two pints with in a pub that is at the end of the tour.

They met some guy there (60+) who was very friendly. He sat with them while they had their drink. While they both like Guinness (my husband especially) one was enough so they ended up giving their leftover tokens to the guy.

When they were leaving they saw him approaching other people. They figured out he probably sits in the pubs all day and gets the leftover tokens from lightweight drinkers like my husband. Love it!

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Not to interrupt the Great Lakes discussion (love the sand dunes by the way) but I had a funny story having to do with Guinness.

My husband and his brother went to Ireland way back when and they did a tour of the Guinness factory. At the end they give you two tokens to "buy" two pints with in a pub that is at the end of the tour.

They met some guy there (60+) who was very friendly. He sat with them while they had their drink. While they both like Guinness (my husband especially) one was enough so they ended up giving their leftover tokens to the guy.

When they were leaving they saw him approaching other people. They figured out he probably sits in the pubs all day and gets the leftover tokens from lightweight drinkers like my husband. Love it!

haha, that guy is my hero!

I did the same guiness factory tour with my family. I was so rubbish I drank 1/4 a pint of my guiness and had to give it to my mum to drink for me. How non-manly is that?!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Dubz

Eddie Izzard

I like that word.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
The tour is a bit sh!t unless you are heavily interested in Guinness and brewing through the years etc. Mind, you do get to visit the "Sky" bar which gives a nice view of Dublin city.

Last time I was there the Guinness wasn't even that good, and was poured by an Aussie... (btw I'm not being racist there is an art to pouring it)

btw Nikki if you do get to drinking Guinness you will get to know the difference between a good pint and a not so good pint. Best places to drink it are "old man" pubs. Usually cause the barman knows if he serves up a crap pint he'll get it straight back.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

haha, that guy is my hero!

I did the same guiness factory tour with my family. I was so rubbish I drank 1/4 a pint of my guiness and had to give it to my mum to drink for me. How non-manly is that?!

haha, that is pretty sad!
A friend of mine did a cycling tour of Ireland back when we were in highschool and she sent these really funny emails from the hostel one day after coming back from the pub. I remember they involved inflatable sheep, mad cows and the phrase "guinness equals grossness." Alas, in our post Uni days, she is quite the Guinness fan.
Although, i think we both tend to go for Strongbow more so than Guinness at a pub. The wimps that we are.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 5:59 PM Quote
For Nikki, Anne, and Ric:

All this Michigan talk makes me think of this:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=10464869
In the little song box thingy, click on "Michigan Man"
I used to know what all the Indian lyrics meant, but I've forgotten.

Nikki, you've probably heard of Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle, this is his brother.

I am, I am a Michigan man
Ask where I'm from and I'll show you my hands
Lord above, I love this land
I am a Michigan man...

Where sleeping bears lie on the sand
Manitou has placed his hands
I am a Michigan MaZn!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 6:58 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=10464869

Nikki, you've probably heard of Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle, this is his brother.

I am a Michigan man...

I am a Michigan MaZn!

"I am a Michigan MaZn!" Haha! Nice!
Kayte, did I ever tell you I'm an Indian Princess? Well..ok, not reeeeally...but sorta! :D My great, great, great, great grandmother on my dad's side was French Canadian and married a Native American chief. I think we're somehow related to Chief Pontiac.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I am a Michigan man...

I am a Michigan MaZn!

Kayte, did I ever tell you I'm an Indian Princess? Well..ok, not reeeeally...but sorta! :D My great, great, great, great grandmother on my dad's side was French Canadian and married a Native American chief. I think we're somehow related to Chief Pontiac.

You are part Canadian? awesome!
maybe we arent boardie twins, we are 137th cousins!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I am a Michigan man...

I am a Michigan MaZn!

Hey, Princess Pontiac! My great, great, great grandmother on my mom's side (easier to say my great-grandmother's grandmother) was full blooded Cherokee, some on my grandfather's side as well, but he didn't know exactly how it fit in. That was around Tennessee, Virginia areas. All that shows up in me is my lumpy nose!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I am a Michigan man...

I am a Michigan MaZn!

I suuuure am, along with a bunch of other nationalities on my dad's side. He's a bit of everything. My mom's side is Polish. My grandma was from Canada and lived there all through her childhood.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Thanks! I went on a mini vacation with my mom and my aunt to a cute little town called Saugatuck in Western Michigan on Lake Michigan this weekend. We just got home. We ate out at an Irish Pub last night and I thought, "ahh...what the heck!" hehe. To my surprise, it was actually really good! I've seen the Great Lakes several times, but this time was definitely the best. The weather was perfect. Not a cloud in the sky. We found this awesome beach where there were sand dunes and the water was just so gorgeous and there were massive white-cap waves taller than me! :) It was fun.

Can you, your mom and aunt adopt me ?
Cheers !

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I am a Michigan man...

I am a Michigan MaZn!

I suuuure am, along with a bunch of other nationalities on my dad's side. He's a bit of everything. My mom's side is Polish. My grandma was from Canada and lived there all through her childhood.

No wonder you like O Canada so much!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Jul, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
I like the maple syrup candy.

How did a beer thread turn into a Yeah Canada! thread??

We are weird.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:25 PM