Travis

Re: Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:08 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
DAK! You didn't tell us what your sister's name was!

Hehe. It's Monica.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:12 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
It was packed . It would of been tough for you . Then we all went next door to Murios for a pint

i wouldn't have gone anyway, parking in that area is a pain. they really should do more shows in berkeley.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:15 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I'm going to be up all night trying to write this stupid essay. I feel like I don't know enough about anything to write it. It sucks.

What's it supposed to be about?

It's going to be about how the Italian Futurist Artistic Movement led to an aesthetic-ation (?) of politics, instead of politicizing art. And how it lost its revolutionary potential to the reivindication of war and violence.
It's based on the study of the Futurist Manifest of 1909, Walter Benjamin and Theodor Adorno.
All I need to do is write something!!! xD

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:17 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I'm going to be up all night trying to write this stupid essay. I feel like I don't know enough about anything to write it. It sucks.

It's going to be about how the Italian Futurist Artistic Movement led to an aesthetic-ation (?) of politics, instead of politicizing art. And how it lost its revolutionary potential to the reivindication of war and violence.
It's based on the study of the Futurist Manifest of 1909, Walter Benjamin and Theodor Adorno.

that seems like a exciting essay to me , I would knock one out

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:17 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

Wish I could help! Y'know with going to art school and everything I feel like I should know something...but I'm afraid I mentally checked out of every art history class I ever took. Sometimes physically too, I used to go to the lectures and fall asleep in the front row. Very Discreet. Hah!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:20 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:
I prefer rain over snow right now.

is it pretty bad in Utah?

*I am getting so friggin' tired of that Sobe Life water thriller commercial. It stinks.

actually it's fine for the moment, but we've got some more snow on it's way this weekend. It's been nonstop snow here. we've had more snow this year than I can remember in years past. I think we are over 130% now.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:21 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

Wish I could help! Y'know with going to art school and everything I feel like I should know something...but I'm afraid I mentally checked out of every art history class I ever took. Sometimes physically too, I used to go to the lectures and fall asleep in the front row. Very Discreet. Hah!

It's not hard to fall asleep in those classes...esp if it's warm and dark in there...which it usually is because you are viewing slides. I speak from experience.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:22 AM Quote
hi, meridith! i like your new avatar.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:22 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

Haha, it's the thought that counts. Thanks! :o)
Sleeping in the front row, that's very brave!

The funny thing is I don't go to art school. I'm just a sociology student making my way through an interesting but bizarre elective class xD.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:22 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
DAK! You didn't tell us what your sister's name was!

Hehe. It's Monica.

that makes sense.

Michelle and Monica

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:24 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
hi, meridith! i like your new avatar.

hi there! thanks! it was time for a change.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

Haha, it's the thought that counts. Thanks! :o)
Sleeping in the front row, that's very brave!

The funny thing is I don't go to art school. I'm just a sociology student making my way through an interesting but bizarre elective class xD.

Bad DAK !

Weird Juli , but your essay a good subject.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:28 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
It was packed . It would of been tough for you . Then we all went next door to Murios for a pint

i wouldn't have gone anyway, parking in that area is a pain. they really should do more shows in berkeley.

a friend of mine lives there , I got parking down !

hey Jude don't you , forner Art Major think Julis' essay is RAD !

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:29 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

Weird Juli , but your essay a good subject.

Thanks Ric! I hope the subject works and allows me to write something decent, otherwise I'll have to change everything and start all over again. I'll let you know how it turns out.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Tue 19 Feb, 2008 5:34 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
a friend of mine lives there , I got parking down !

hey Jude don't you , forner Art Major think Julis' essay is RAD !

ha ha, i was an art history major and i don't remember much.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:54 AM