Travis

Re: Are they joking?
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
This all strikes me a wee bit sad. These people get tweaked, made over, photoshopped and molded into a popstar. How can you not loose yourself in a circus like that?

It's so packaged and the producers totally manipulate the audience to care for the people they've chosen. I agree but they are also signing up for it. At this point (when the show is in its 7th season) if they don't get it, they really aren't very with it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

They do and you have to hope bad hair/good voice Amanda makes it if only so a stylist can fix her hair.

So, you don't like the skunk look? She's okay, but I'll agree with Simon that she's probably going to sing every song the same. The first thing I said when I heard her was, "She's a respiratory therapist and she sounds like she needs one."

I know it's garbage TV, but I always end up watching American Idol. I can't help it. House comes on right after, so why not?

I'd like to hear the Idols that other countries have chosen. I believe it was Edith who said there is a Norwegian Idol. What other countries have them other than UK?

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
Castro and Noriega competing against each other?! ROFLCOPTER LOLZ! WTF are the chance of that happening?!

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/danny.jpg son of http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4b/Manuel_Noriega.jpg/166px-Manuel_Noriega.jpg

vs.

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/jason_c.jpg son of http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b8/Fidel_Castro5_cropped.JPG/164px-Fidel_Castro5_cropped.JPG

in a Battle Royale!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:40 PM Quote
LOL!!!

edit: Maybe they will release 'Hasta la victoria siempre' single together?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:46 PM Quote
LMAO Moray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:52 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
She's okay, but I'll agree with Simon that she's probably going to sing every song the same. The first thing I said when I heard her was, "She's a respiratory therapist and she sounds like she needs one."

LOL. I agree that she is not spectacular and I agreed when he said she would sing every song the same. If she can show that she is not a one-trick pony, she might get far enough to get a record deal, make a crap album quickly, have poor sales and be dropped from the label that heralded her as the next Janis Joplin.

The American dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bitter sarcasm aside, I like that she is different - though her hair is dreadful.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I'd like to hear the Idols that other countries have chosen. I believe it was Edith who said there is a Norwegian Idol. What other countries have them other than UK?

Denmark. We also have X-factor and various other, ahem, talent shows.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 7:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I'd like to hear the Idols that other countries have chosen.

No, you wouldn't. Believe me. We had 4 seasons of Idol here. CRAP.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
They should have an international idol extravaganza

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I once watched a "World Idol" special where winners from various countries competed. I laughed. I cried. It was unintentionally awful. Megg, I still remember the Polish girl. She had bleached blonde hair and I couldn't believe she WON. How bad was her competition?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:04 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I once watched a "World Idol" special where winners from various countries competed. I laughed. I cried. It was unintentionally awful. Megg, I still remember the Polish girl. She had bleached blonde hair and I couldn't believe she WON. How bad was her competition?

I should have known they've already done it. Haha, I'm glad I don't know about these things.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:05 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

LOL. Her name is Alicja and she was BAD. Her first song was about scrambled eggs. For real.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
LOL. Her name is Alicja and she was BAD. Her first song was about scrambled eggs. For real.

Please provide YouTube video and translated lyrics ASAP.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
This is a winner from a show called Popstars - the concept is pretty much the same.

Did anyone say cheesy?

EyeQ

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 18 Feb, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
There have been two seasons of Latin American Idol... Being a Latin American Idol is the lamest thing ever: the two winners haven't released an album, not even a song. So I don't know them, can't even tell you their names lol.

We've had several contests like that in the past in Argentina. Popstars was the most famous one. First they did a season to make a band of 5 girls, then another one to form a band of 5 boys. Both bands were very successful (crapy but successful xD), now they have both split up. Some of the girls are trying a solo career.
One of the boys has a band with his twin brother (who also took part of Popstars but didn't win, so then he was in a second reality show where he and another guy won and formed a duet that didn't last a year... pathetic!). Goosey likes them xD.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:13 PM