Travis

Re: Jeff Buckley - bit of a knob?
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:43 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I think his sense of humour and personality could be interpreted more than one way, so I can probably see where you're coming from with that Dubz.

Having read and watched interviews he gave, to me he was a humble man, who was very comfortable with the whole concept of mortality, good and bad. I think he had a very 'que sera sera' attitude to life which is reflected in some of his lyrics. I think it's a great album, however I don't particularly see it as 'important', whatever that means, I never understood the concept of musical importance too much.

Could be, to be fair to him I'm only basing my arguement on Grace, I haven't read any of his inteviews or heard any other material or whatever, so I suppose he gets a stay of execution for now, at least.

I think some albums or bands have to be seen as important, like the Beatles (obviously),changed and reshaped pop music, not alone obviously and they probably nicked the idea from somewhere (nothing is original), I think the problem with importance comes with taste, for example to me ThePixies are hugely important, no grunge without the Pixies but no Pixies without, The Jesus and Mary Chain and Husker Du, No Jesus and Mary Chain without.... and so on...

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:45 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I suppose he gets a stay of execution for now, at least.

Bit late for that now Dubz, surely?

I'm sorry Jeff =(

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 11:00 PM Quote
yup hes a dick, his music is shite

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 11:01 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

Hmm interesting and informative arguement you have there.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

http://i16.tinypic.com/52bux5d.jpg

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:
Well, the way he died was knob worthy.

Why must record companies cash in on him every few years? 10 years since he died, ooo, lets release another Grace plus random bits compilation!

Put the money into a new band who need a chance for god's sake! The album's not that great!

I doubt he planned to die that way!

And how does it make him a knob if record company big-shots want to make money out of him by reissues. I'm not defending him, cos this kind of thing annoys me too (being a Doors fan and all...) and i'm not the biggest Jeff Buckley fan. But don't diss him for what others are doing to him

audrey
audrey Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:04 AM Quote
who cares.
hes dead.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:05 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
1/3 of Suggestive Leg wrote:
Well, the way he died was knob worthy.

Why must record companies cash in on him every few years? 10 years since he died, ooo, lets release another Grace plus random bits compilation!

Put the money into a new band who need a chance for god's sake! The album's not that great!

I doubt he planned to die that way!

And how does it make him a knob if record company big-shots want to make money out of him by reissues. I'm not defending him, cos this kind of thing annoys me too (being a Doors fan and all...) and i'm not the biggest Jeff Buckley fan. But don't diss him for what others are doing to him

Well said.

Andrew
Andrew Posted Sat 02 Jun, 2007 4:02 AM Quote
This thread just made my listen to Grace as loud as it can possibly go and it's utterly fantastic and the best thing that I've heard in my entire life makes you feel more alive than anything else on this planet as his voice soars at the end of a line.

Fuck the haters

Eternal life

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 10:02 PM