Travis

Re: Studio Ghibli
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 30 Jan, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
Has anyone seen Tales From Earthsea?

I got it last Saturday n watched it straight away. I thought it was good. Better than I expected after reading mixed reviews!

I've not seen it yet, but I want to. Is the DVD out in the UK yet? Or did you have to import it from somewhere?

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 12:37 AM Quote
anyone know if whispers of the heart is any good? thanks.

sakuras
sakuras Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 8:39 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

I got it last Saturday n watched it straight away. I thought it was good. Better than I expected after reading mixed reviews!

I've not seen it yet, but I want to. Is the DVD out in the UK yet? Or did you have to import it from somewhere?

It's out in the UK, I saw it in Amazon.co.uk or play.com

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 8:43 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

Yeah it came out on monday =D

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 8:44 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:

I love this film. It's def one u shud watch!!!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 8:46 AM Quote
heyjude wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

you have a lovely ghibli collection! very nice. "tales from the earthsea" is not yet released here in the US, but it's good to know that you liked it!

Thanks - my boyfriend buys me loads of Ghibli presents and imports them from Japan. I have some other things that don't go on my shelf such as a Jiji soft toy and Jiji towel. N Totoro magents. Plus dvd's and soundtracks =D

baby faced woman
baby faced woman Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 11:58 AM Quote
Totoro is cuteeee.
When I was a kid ( about 7 or 8 years old ), I loved
Totoro! :)

2bm
2bm Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
heyjude wrote:
Ruudio wrote:

you have a lovely ghibli collection! very nice. "tales from the earthsea" is not yet released here in the US, but it's good to know that you liked it!

Thanks - my boyfriend buys me loads of Ghibli presents and imports them from Japan. I have some other things that don't go on my shelf such as a Jiji soft toy and Jiji towel. N Totoro magents. Plus dvd's and soundtracks =D

=O i'd forgotten Ghibli was realising Tales from Earthsea.. i gotta see that, i've read most of the books from the author and they are really good

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 1:58 PM Quote
I've never read the books! I want to tho! Just like I want to read Howl's Moving Castle

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
I've been a fan of Miyazaki my whole short life and seen all his movies. Me and my dad's favourite since I was just a wee kiddo is:

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/2/53482-large.jpg

Kurenai no buta is just the best.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
I've been a fan of Miyazaki my whole short life and seen all his movies. Me and my dad's favourite since I was just a wee kiddo is:

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/2/53482-large.jpg

Kurenai no buta is just the best.

Porco Rosso is such a good film.

Miyazaki is a genius

I want to go to Tokyo to the Ghibli Museum!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 5:07 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
Any fellow fans on here?

Big fan! Going to Ghibli museum in Tokyo the week after easter. I guess my favourite film is Laputa: Castle in the sky, but I also have Porco Rosso, Näusicaa of the Valley of the winds, Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away.

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
Any fellow fans on here?

Big fan! Going to Ghibli museum in Tokyo the week after easter. I guess my favourite film is Laputa: Castle in the sky, but I also have Porco Rosso, Näusicaa of the Valley of the winds, Howls Moving Castle and Spirited Away.

What ur going to the Ghibli museum???

I wanna go!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:

This movie was on TV recently one night really late and I stayed up to watch the whole thing. It was the first anime movie I've ever seen and I thought it was really cute!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 31 Jan, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
Ruudio wrote:
happy_me wrote:
Ruudio wrote:
Any fellow fans on here?

What ur going to the Ghibli museum???
I wanna go!

me too!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:25 AM