Travis

Re: Myspace
cornax
cornax Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
There does seem to be an inordinate number of people who mistake myspace for a dating site...

bara
bara Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
yep, definetely.
the newest on my page are those many spam adds... :/

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:32 PM Quote
Hey yeah, there are a lot of weirdos on MySpace from what I hear and most of them are guys sending stuff to girls, I've heard of some guy sending a message to this girl I know saying that he knew her and all this and she didn't have a clue who he was, and he was from America and she'd never even been over there. But I have had a couple myself off girls, don't get any nowadays since I cut off my long locks of hair, I suppose that's what attracted them lol.

Some were (and take into consideration I'd never met, spoke or wrote to them before, they aren't so much weird, just really random):

"hey do you have msn?> eb x x"
"heyyy how r u doin been up 2 much ? lyl lozx<33 !
"=]"
"hello.
i hope you had a nice day. i hope tomorrow is nice too.
:o)
byebye"
"youre a cutie!"
"ooof!!
bit cuteeeee lyke!!
=P"
"hi!! my name is ESTHER and i'm a taiwanese girl.
i want to be ur friend because I want to know the various countries' culture and practice English.
Waiting for your reply.
-Esther"
"hii nick
=]"
"hope it's all good in your part of the world
stop back and say hello
i'd like to hear from u
-x-"
"hay jus readin ur profile ur jus like me wit music will listen 2 pretty much nefin apart from dance music, well i have no choice wen am at work but hay lol x get bk 2 me if u fancy a chat x luv sarah xxxx"

Didn't realise there were so many of those messages, they aren't weird but taking into consideration that these are off people I've never been in any contact with it is random. But yeah Myspace is supposed to be a place for friends and stuff, when you sign up you don't want random weird messages or ones that freak you out from total strangers. Then there's all those annoying spam ones and the "come and look at my webcam" messages, that's a whole other pet peeve of mine.

But yeah you're totally right, those kinda people don't have any business in sending messages asking to look at your tattoo and the other message, that one was actually quite freaky, compared to you two mine are just slighty amusing.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:35 PM Quote
The only problem I have with myspace is that John Power won't bloody accept my friend request!! I've tried 3 times and he's just ignoring me.

I still love him and want to marry him and have his babies tho.

cornax
cornax Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
I once got a message from a guy saying "ur picture is really hot". And my picture was of a wall in my house... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/a035.gif

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Haha, I heart ya, Grin!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:37 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Haha, I heart ya, Grin!

I heart ya right back :D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:38 PM Quote

wtf: It is a networking site, yeah? and the interweb is full of wierdos and perverts (fact) so it logically follows some of them are gonna trail the networking sites looking for that special someone, or at least risk`e pictures/chat.

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
cornax wrote:
I once got a message from a guy saying "ur picture is really hot". And my picture was of a wall in my house... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/a035.gif

Ah yes. The little know group of wall fetish, eh, ists.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
Actually thinking about it, I've done that a coupla times when I've been drunk, just send people messages telling them they is fit hahaha.

dee
dee Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
people if ya want random weirdos i recommend stumbleupon.
yes yes. it's a really useful toolbar which i use the whole time, but there is also a private messaging thingy.
i seem to get a ridiculous amount of propositions from turkish men.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Actually thinking about it, I've done that a coupla times when I've been drunk, just send people messages telling them they is fit hahaha.

Haha, Grinner's a predator!!! =p

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:52 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Dubz

I really am! I can't wait to go to Manchester, all them Manc lookin fellas... Mmmm! :D

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Dubz

I really am! I can't wait to go to Manchester, all them Manc lookin fellas... Mmmm! :D

I heard there's LOADS of gingers there!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Jan, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

shouldn't that be fookin fellas

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:13 AM