Travis

Re: Too Old......
Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:58 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:

"we are pregnant". [/quote]

ohhh my god ! that's awful that's the first time I've heard that !! lol [/quote]

Well yes. It kinda implies that this guy is going to have to take responibility lol.

I know he will but it just sounded so funny.

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 11:04 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
You're a year younger than me, so if you're too old then there's no hope for me =(

Teeheehee, I'll always be younger than you =P

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 11:10 AM Quote
a couple of points...

I think that if you go to college straight from school, you are more likely to treat it as school, where as if you hold off a few ears get out and experience life in the big bad world, you tend to approach the whole college thing differently, you're more eager to learn.

recently worked in a college for lawyers we had everyone from 23 to 70 (a guy who had retired and then decided he was interested in this stuff), now about 50% of them were between 23-27 but the rest were spread 27-50. We also had loads of hep and social events for the mature students, i.e anyone over 30.

One of my biggest regrets is never getting my head down in college, I have 3 mates back home who I started college with all of whom now have degrees in Electronic Engineering and really well paid jobs, I'll get around to it but I wish I'd done it earlier.

I say go for it, what have you got to lose? and even if you try it and don't like it, you can at least say that you attempted it instead of wondering "would it have worked??" You may end up kicking yourself if you don't.

God luck, whatever you decide.

Dubz

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 11:13 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
God luck, whatever you decide.

Dubz

Cheers Dubz!

DjelibayB
DjelibayB Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 11:31 AM Quote
Now I have reached my 100th post (woohoo) I'm off to do housework.

Blah!!

caz b
caz b Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:21 PM Quote
Age is just a number! I passed my wine exams when I was 30, it gave me the chance to build up a business around having my kids. I've been doing the wine thing for the last 12 years and wouldn't change it for anything.
Go for it! From the oldest boardie in Aberdeen!

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:45 PM Quote
DjelibayB wrote:

My friend owns and runs a hairdresser in Stonehaven (the town I live) and has asked me to go to college to become a hairdresser and work for her as a stylist. I think that I would enjoy doing hairdressing but I think I am maybe too old for college.

I went to college after school and became a Travel Agent which I loved, but I left to start a family. That was 6 years ago!

The thought of starting a new vocation and going to college is exciting but at the same time fills me with dread. Am I too old?

I'm in College and I'm ANCIENT! The hubby just graduated and he's even more Ancienter than me.. (see I need college - for me English!)

GO FOR IT

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 1:53 PM Quote
If it is what you want to do, don't think of anything else. Just do it! Or you will find yourself thinking "why on earth I didn't do it while I was still young?" in 10 - 15 years time. ;-)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 3:16 PM Quote
DjelibayB wrote:

My friend owns and runs a hairdresser in Stonehaven (the town I live) and has asked me to go to college to become a hairdresser and work for her as a stylist. I think that I would enjoy doing hairdressing but I think I am maybe too old for college.

I went to college after school and became a Travel Agent which I loved, but I left to start a family. That was 6 years ago!

The thought of starting a new vocation and going to college is exciting but at the same time fills me with dread. Am I too old?

I agree with all the others You are never too old to learn (Harry Potter just proved that with his potty training:) ). If your heart is set on it, you will get it right! i didn't finish studying till i was 28. And to beat everyone to it, it was not because i am just really slow, lol

nats
nats Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
You're never too old to learn something new.
I agree.
and you are not old at all!

nats
nats Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 5:07 PM Quote
good luck, whatever you decide to do.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 5:10 PM Quote
never too old, I am into my third year of a 7 year course learning russian, You will learn more as you get older cos you want to and not cos you are bing made to at school, so live your dream and go for it

harry potter
harry potter Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 5:10 PM Quote
DjelibayB wrote:

you need to stay at home and make sure your man's dinner is hot and ready for him when he gets in of an evening. also you need to make sure everything is shipshape around the house for him too, given that this kind of work needs to be done every day you'd be better off doing what nature intended and do what's best for the hubby.

hey, it's not me it's basic evolution s'all.

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 5:33 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
DjelibayB wrote:

you need to stay at home and make sure your man's dinner is hot and ready for him when he gets in of an evening. also you need to make sure everything is shipshape around the house for him too, given that this kind of work needs to be done every day you'd be better off doing what nature intended and do what's best for the hubby.

why dont you take a flying fuck

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 5:37 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:
harry potter wrote:
DjelibayB wrote:

why dont you take a flying fuck

err.. Kim.. he's only messing..

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:16 AM