Travis

Re: For those who know me...
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 3:20 PM Quote
Sounds cool. Looking forward to hearing 'em http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/9-Grin2.gif

I write songs, and I'm wanting to record them but I don't know how. Not fussed about recording studios etc, I just want to record me and my guitar/keyboard onto my computer. But I'm guessing your average cheap microphone wouldn't give you very good quality sound? I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on one. And then there's the software... I have "cakewalk", but I don't know how to use it, and I don't even know if my computer likes it 'cos error messages pop up when I open it. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 4:25 PM Quote
Yay for you, Paul!!

hey...what is your music myspace again??

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 4:35 PM Quote
It's http://www.myspace.com/paulcuthbertmusic

You of all people Sandy might be interested to know that one of my new songs is heavily-influenced by a certain band called Iron & Wine ;) it's not been recorded yet, but i can't wait to do it. My drummer's a genius and when we rehearsed it he had the perfect parts for it. Nice and gentle acoustic stuff- s'good!! :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 5:57 PM Quote
Nice!

What struck me when reading your statement, is how encouraging it has been to receive messages from people all over the world who don't even know you. There are a few artists I admire, whose web sites I have been visiting for years. I have never taken the time to click their "contact me" buttons and actually tell them I like their work. I guess I was afraid it might sound dorky just to write, "Hi, I like your work." But I think I'm going to start doing that now. It just might give an up and coming artist the encouragement that he/she needs to keep going.
You keep going!

nats
nats Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 5:58 PM Quote
Bravo paul! CONGRATS!

heyjude
heyjude Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 6:18 PM Quote
looking forward to hearing the tunes, paul! :-)

mili
mili Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 6:23 PM Quote
Fingers crossed!!!

scummy
scummy Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 6:25 PM Quote

i've seen this many times before knowing it was you :O
congrats paul ;)

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 8:04 PM Quote
I don't know you, but I wanna hear it

It's nice to know that there is band inside of you Paul!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 07 Dec, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
It's http://www.myspace.com/paulcuthbertmusic

You of all people Sandy might be interested to know that one of my new songs is heavily-influenced by a certain band called Iron & Wine ;) it's not been recorded yet, but i can't wait to do it. My drummer's a genius and when we rehearsed it he had the perfect parts for it. Nice and gentle acoustic stuff- s'good!! :D

oooh, I can't wait to hear it, Paul! I'm thinking of seeing Iron & Wine this monday, actually. I've seen them (him) once before, and he was amazing! have you heard the new album?
Well, good luck with your music--please let us know when you've recorded some new songs!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 12:52 AM Quote
No i haven't, but i'm really into Our Endless Numbered Days at the minute. I have a few other CDs of theirs, but i've only really fallen in love with that one album.

And of course i'll let you know when i've recorded something. That's half the fun isn't it? :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 12:54 AM Quote
Good for you Paul! You're actually doing it! I can't wait to hear the new tunes! :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 08 Dec, 2007 2:37 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Good for you Paul! You're actually doing it! I can't wait to hear the new tunes! :)

Now didn't i tell you i would... ;) hehe

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:15 PM