Travis

Re: *tingelingeling ** !!
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 3:37 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have to go to parent-teacher conferences today. This makes me very nervous. My wee one's "motor mouth" has gotten her into a bit of trouble this year. My cold is still hanging on and now I have to talk to the teacher while sounding like I have beans shoved up my nostrils.

I was having heart palpitations the day of my son's since I didn't know what to expect (it being the first and all) so I know the feeling. Maybe she'll be a bit nicer if she sees you're sick.

Congrats on the 200 posts! I think that is really what RAN man was cheering about.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 3:53 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
I have to go to parent-teacher conferences today. This makes me very nervous. My wee one's "motor mouth" has gotten her into a bit of trouble this year. My cold is still hanging on and now I have to talk to the teacher while sounding like I have beans shoved up my nostrils.

I was having heart palpitations the day of my son's since I didn't know what to expect (it being the first and all) so I know the feeling. Maybe she'll be a bit nicer if she sees you're sick.

Congrats on the 200 posts! I think that is really what RAN man was cheering about.

We also have issues with the kid who sits next to her. According to my daughter's reports, he is a very good student, but also a sneaky liar. I'm sure he has a bright future in politics, but I am looking forward to the day that the class changes seating assignments. A sneaky liar at age 6?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
We also have issues with the kid who sits next to her. According to my daughter's reports, he is a very good student, but also a sneaky liar. I'm sure he has a bright future in politics, but I am looking forward to the day that the class changes seating assignments. A sneaky liar at age 6?

Wow, that's bad. I hope she believes you. I sat next to sneaky liar in 3rd grade. We once had to draw a comic strip and she copied mine but since hers looked better (she was a better artist) the teacher believed her lie that I had copied. I was SO mad.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:07 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Wow, that's bad. I hope she believes you. I sat next to sneaky liar in 3rd grade. We once had to draw a comic strip and she copied mine but since hers looked better (she was a better artist) the teacher believed her lie that I had copied. I was SO mad.

Isn't it something how we remember these little injustices of so long ago? I still remember the little creep who stole my really cool pencil and threw it out the window, never to be seen again. I think he grew up to be a real bona fide criminal.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:10 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Isn't it something how we remember these little injustices of so long ago? I still remember the little creep who stole my really cool pencil and threw it out the window, never to be seen again. I think he grew up to be a real bona fide criminal.

I think it stuck with me because it was probably the first time a teacher didn't believe me. I was always good (at least in school) and so that was worse than her copying my work.

I am sure your pencil thief is a criminal and my copier has a successful journalism career.

(just a joke Nikki!)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:24 PM Quote
yo mummy !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:34 PM Quote
bonjour Abs.

I saw a sign at La Madeline (casual French type restaurant)that said "Oui have WiFi"

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:38 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
bonjour Abs.

I saw a sign at La Madeline (casual French type restaurant)that said "Oui have WiFi"

cute !
do you eat there ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:44 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
cute !
do you eat there ?

Not very often but I do like it. Did you ever go there?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:44 PM Quote
Hey, Abs, which Eiffel Tower is your little bear standing in front of? Number 8? Number 4? Unfortunately, I only had time to see one because I was so busy making sandwiches the the whole time I was in Paris.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Hey, Abs, which Eiffel Tower is your little bear standing in front of? Number 8? Number 4? Unfortunately, I only had time to see one because I was so busy making sandwiches the the whole time I was in Paris.

I believe that is actually secret No. 12. That idiot only knew of 9 but there are, in fact, 316 Eiffel Towers in Paris, Texas.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:50 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I believe that is actually secret No. 12. That idiot only knew of 9 but there are, in fact, 316 Eiffel Towers in Paris, Texas.

hahaha !
he probably thought : Paris, Texas = Texas = drilling oil = eiffel tower

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 4:57 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
cute !
do you eat there ?

Not very often but I do like it. Did you ever go there?

Haven't heard of it - to be honest i avoided all things french and ppl when i lived in the States.

It's not too expensive ? usually french restaurants prices are a joke

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 5:01 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

poor you !
just a question : how often do you eat in a day ?

i found the bear pictures in the Guardian or the Independent i cannot remember - both are UK papers.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 15 Nov, 2007 5:08 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Haven't heard of it - to be honest i avoided all things french and ppl when i lived in the States.

It's not too expensive ? usually french restaurants prices are a joke

I think it is pricey for the type of food they serve but it's by no means a fancy place. I know what you're talking about and those places are outrageous.

for your amusement

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:36 AM