Travis

Re: What a day!
Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 8:02 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
aww...i'm sorry about that. i hope your day gets better!

your boss seems like a pretty nice guy though!

Yeah, he comes across as being a hard-ass but deep down I think he's a softy. He doesn't like to be messed around and doesn't bullshit anyone.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 8:17 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
*shrug* don't know much about him to be honest...just that sometimes he's john 'cougar' mellencamp...and sometimes he goes sans 'cougar'....that jack and diane song is the only song i know by him to be honest. haha

Not sure why I know this but when John Mellencamp (his real name) started in the music biz they insisted he have a stage name because Mellencamp isn't very catchy. So he was first John Cougar. Then as got bigger he grew a spine and told them he was fine with his last name and so his new stage name was John Cougar Mellencamp to keep some consistency. I guess within the last 10 years he's said screw it, people know who I am and dropped the Cougar since that's not part of his real name.

Something like that.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 8:22 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
dropped the Cougar since that's not part of his real name.

ummm....shouldn't there always be room for 'cougar'?? this may be a little biased of course! ;)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 8:23 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
*shrug* don't know much about him to be honest...just that sometimes he's john 'cougar' mellencamp...and sometimes he goes sans 'cougar'....that jack and diane song is the only song i know by him to be honest. haha

Not sure why I know this but when John Mellencamp (his real name) started in the music biz they insisted he have a stage name because Mellencamp isn't very catchy. So he was first John Cougar. Then as got bigger he grew a spine and told them he was fine with his last name and so his new stage name was John Cougar Mellencamp to keep some consistency. I guess within the last 10 years he's said screw it, people know who I am and dropped the Cougar since that's not part of his real name.

Something like that.

"Then as got bigger he grew a spine" : really ?

LOL

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 09 Oct, 2007 9:29 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:
life goes on!

...ahem...may be inappropriate but i suddenly want to burst in to a 'little ditty about jack and diane'......oh yeah life goes on even after the thrill of livin' is gone...

;) feel better trace!

what are you on Goosey ? LSD ???
Too much Ric-Rawk can damage yr health

Don't believe I've ever mentioned LSD , i do like to sing this song though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkYBJId7WZs

but for the OG poster , don't sweat it and don't do it again

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:06 PM