Travis

Re: I have a complaint
1/3 of Suggestive Leg
1/3 of Suggestive Leg Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 8:49 PM Quote
'British' to me does not just mean English. Therein lies the disagreement, and the reason why I don't understand the need for distinction. I guess it makes a bit more sense if that's what people think 'British' means.

There was a welshie who used to post on here, but he doesn't seem to surface these days. I've seen him in Tescos. He's got a lady friend. No more need for this place!

Andrew
Andrew Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 8:52 PM Quote
If anything it stems from the fact that people very frequently use 'English' to describe the entire UK population.

I consider myself very much Scottish before British and that's what always goes on any sort of application form and the like. Would be nice to have that option here.

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 9:38 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
whats new i hear you all say :)

Scotland is not available as a location in setting up your profile.

SORT IT OOT!!!!!

Feck that what worse is I have to put USA... I'm FROM DUBLIN I SCREAM not USA... I'm only kiddin...

I have the same trouble here in the states with UK covering Ireland can ye beleive it

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 28 May, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
Well, i agree with Gladly. It should be an option. I put mine as Irish, and it's for no sort of self-political reason whatsoever. I am closer to the seat of the Irish government than i am to that of the UK government. And i am more drawn towards Irish culture than i am towards British culture (if that even exists!). I don't subscribe to any of the political views in Northern Ireland, but Northern Ireland is a part of Ireland and the UK in my view. Politically, it's "British". Geographically, it's "Irish" (look at an aerial photo of Ireland and you'll see)

And anyway, you get more kisses if you say you're Irish! ;) lol

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:07 AM