Travis

Re: What happened to Eye of The Needle?
Moray
Moray Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
I didn't realise there was a song called Eye of the Needle

I'm assuming everyone is aware that "Shitting through the eye of a needle" is a euphamism for bad diahorrea?!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 20 Jan, 2008 10:35 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I bet the new album will mostly contain newly written songs.

But Eye of the Needle and My Life are new for the fans, even if they are "old" for the band. I hope they will show up this year in some form--album or b-sides.

No the band say themselves that the album will contain mostly newly written songs. Maybe they will show up but like i said, the band say new songs. These were talked about years ago.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:34 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Sunny wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Maybe they'll release them as a b-side to the 4th single (probably Battleships)

Battleships as a single? I hope not :s

I hope so. It's my favourite from the new album. Also, Fran has said it's a possible single.

do you think they are going to release a 4th single ? I'd love Battleships to be a single but fell they left it a bit late, no ?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:35 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Sunny wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I hope so. It's my favourite from the new album. Also, Fran has said it's a possible single.

do you think they are going to release a 4th single ? I'd love Battleships to be a single but feel they left it a bit late, no ?

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:02 PM Quote
my gut feeling is that there will not be any further singles released from this album. That's fine by me as none of my favorites songs on this album have been released as singles and my least favorites have been.

EDIT : I like Selfish Jean though.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:10 PM Quote
Sara Anna wrote:
What happened to Eye Of The Needle and My Life, the two piano/Joni Mitchell inspired/based tracks that I was told about on the 2004 club tour and have been looking forward to hearing ever since. I know i'm not imagining them as Fran wrote them down on a piece of paper for me at the Newcastle gig when we were talking about the piano. I know Eye Of The Needle was recorded, it was mentioned in Dougies Diaries. They didn't make the album and i've not seen them as B sides and see they're not on the B side of the new single either unless the titles have changed or they've been released as down loads that I don't know about,, does any one know anything about them or if they will they be released?

Thanks

Sarah x

I don't know anything about this but reading through the lines in your post, bearing in mind that 2004 was the 12 Memories era/sound/spirit, the tone of TBWNN, the events in the band's members lives since and remembering what Fran wrote about this new album and its sound in his blog, I can't imagine anything sounding as intimate/Joni Mitchell inspired and piano based. I am under the impression that this album is more rock/guitar planned...but that's just my interpretation and I don't have any info.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 1:14 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Sunny wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

do you think they are going to release a 4th single ? I'd love Battleships to be a single but feel they left it a bit late, no ?

Unfortunately not now no. Too late. We would have heard about it before Christmas. Hopefully they'll release 4 singles from the next album. Let's hope! :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 21 Jan, 2008 9:02 PM Quote
Sara Anna wrote:

bearing in mind that 2004 was the 12 Memories era/sound/spirit, the tone of TBWNN, the events in the band's members lives since and remembering what Fran wrote about this new album and its sound in his blog, I can't imagine anything sounding as intimate/Joni Mitchell inspired and piano based. I am under the impression that this album is more rock/guitar planned...but that's just my interpretation and I don't have any info.

I think they could have produced something quite delicate and poignant, but because it didn't fit with their direction at that point they were probably left on the shelf.

I think all good rocky albums need unusually slow, powerful songs otherwise they'd be too heavy. I don't think these songs will be released, but I think intimate songs may feature (I hope anyway!).

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 5:14 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
sorry angel wrote:

...I can't imagine anything sounding as intimate/Joni Mitchell inspired and piano based. I am under the impression that this album is more rock/guitar planned...

I think all good rocky albums need unusually slow, powerful songs otherwise they'd be too heavy. I don't think these songs will be released, but I think intimate songs may feature (I hope anyway!).

I agree and hope so too.
I was talking about intimate/Joni Mitchell/piano based songs but not about slow songs or intimate/guitar songs.

varz
varz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
I didn't realise there was a song called Eye of the Needle

I'm assuming everyone is aware that "Shitting through the eye of a needle" is a euphamism for bad diahorrea?!

Fran's idea of a joke?!

varz
varz Posted Tue 22 Jan, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
double post - oops!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 02 Jul, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
I listened to The Score for pretty much the first time today and I noticed the lyrics "Eye of the needle" cropping up a bit. It would be a good title for the song, so unless Dougie/Fran liked it as a theme and wrote a new song around it, it could be the same, no? I don't know when we found out about the song title though, before or after the release of TBO?

The lyrics are here btw

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:13 PM