Travis

Re: Chocolate biscuits???
Verbal
Verbal Posted Wed 25 Jul, 2007 9:19 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
smh wrote:
Kevinnn: Thanks for the very helpful response. In the U.S. a biscuit is a piece of bread you eat for breakfast so you can see my confusion as to what a chocolate one is. Bread is made of dough and chocolate is not a type of dough. Therefore, a biscuit cannot be made of chocolate. Chew on that one, you comedic genius.

Oooh! Touchy ;)

A 'biscuit' is a 'cookie' in American i guess, so just imagine a chocolate covered cookie??? Not for UK people though, because a biscuit and a cookie are different here. It's a tough one, i'll give you that!

He should have just written "you keep the Tunnocks Caramels wired to a car alarm", and avoided all confusion! :D

Tunnocks teacakes would have scanned better :)

smh
smh Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 7:28 AM Quote
kevinnn wrote:
smh wrote:
Kevinnn: Thanks for the very helpful response. In the U.S. a biscuit is a piece of bread you eat for breakfast so you can see my confusion as to what a chocolate one is. Bread is made of dough and chocolate is not a type of dough. Therefore, a biscuit cannot be made of chocolate. Chew on that one, you comedic genius.

hahaha, calm down you crazy yank

I know you were making a joke. Don't take my response too seriously. Cheers!

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Sun 29 Jul, 2007 10:30 AM Quote
All cookies are biscuits, but all biscuits are not cookies, because biscuits can be savoury... they are called crackers in America aren't they? It's like the relation between differentiable and continuous functions :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 10:57 PM