Travis

Re: Being inappropriate and stupod
deepi
deepi Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:00 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
You know what is really INAPPROPRIATE at the DINNER table?! Discussing my adoring brother's digestive system...specifically how he performed on the poo-o-meter ratings...eww! GROSS!

thats a discussion me mum brings up almost evernight at the table, you just get used to it

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:06 PM Quote
deepi wrote:
Tianyan wrote:
You know what is really INAPPROPRIATE at the DINNER table?! Discussing my adoring brother's digestive system...specifically how he performed on the poo-o-meter ratings...eww! GROSS!

thats a discussion me mum brings up almost evernight at the table, you just get used to it

Poor you! I get it sporadically...though it drives me INSANE! Heheheh...little brothers are annoying!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:07 PM Quote
we used to talk politics and news at home....

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:09 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
we used to talk politics and news at home....

Well, lucky for some...our table conversation is far less sitmulating...far far less

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:12 PM Quote
deepi wrote:
[quote="Tianyan"] You know what is really INAPPROPRIATE at the DINNER table?! Discussing my adoring brother's digestive system...specifically how he performed on the poo-o-meter ratings...eww! GROSS!

My husband and I have no desire to discuss our children's poo but they feel the need to keep us informed and describe what it looked like, for example, a carrot or a banana. I keep asking Bri (hubby) when they won't feel the need to share about this subject.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:16 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
deepi wrote:
[quote="Tianyan"] You know what is really INAPPROPRIATE at the DINNER table?! Discussing my adoring brother's digestive system...specifically how he performed on the poo-o-meter ratings...eww! GROSS!

My husband and I have no desire to discuss our children's poo but they feel the need to keep us informed and describe what it looked like, for example, a carrot or a banana. I keep asking Bri (hubby) when they won't feel the need to share about this subject.

Ahhhhhh! Gross...though I find it quite endearing at the same time...banana or carrot! HAHAHAHAH...really? Your children must either be highly imaginative or just a wee bit deluded?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:26 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
deepi wrote:

Ahhhhhh! Gross...though I find it quite endearing at the same time...banana or carrot! HAHAHAHAH...really? Your children must either be highly imaginative or just a wee bit deluded?

LOL. I think a little bit of both. I know other moms get poop reports so I guess preschoolers just haven't figured out that it's not really what we want to talk to them about. I know in a few years they will prefer death over telling me anything so I just remember that soon I'll be desperate for any information.

It's then (well, as they are leaving on dates) that I'll remind them of these special moments!

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:28 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Tianyan wrote:
weirdmominaustin wrote:
deepi wrote:

LOL. I think a little bit of both. I know other moms get poop reports so I guess preschoolers just haven't figured out that it's not really what we want to talk to them about. I know in a few years they will prefer death over telling me anything so I just remember that soon I'll be desperate for any information.

It's then (well, as they are leaving on dates) that I'll remind them of these special moments!

Harsh! That should also be dubbed as inappropriate! Think of your poor poor children...but then again...is that what parents call pay back?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 8:59 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:

Harsh! That should also be dubbed as inappropriate! Think of your poor poor children...but then again...is that what parents call pay back? [/quote]

It is harsh but I have many devious plans for when my children are teenagers. : ) They mainly involve embarrassment to keep them out of trouble.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 9:01 PM Quote
*Shudders* Your children should move out before that stage! Good luck to them

Parents like you ought to be re-trained! Poor us...heheh

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 9:03 PM Quote
don't have kids
eat fries instead

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 9:05 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
don't have kids
eat fries instead

Wee! I like chips

I thought you were off to bed? Is it that hard to leave our scintilating converstation?

Personally, marriage is a scarier prospect...kids, I can just about deal with

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 9:07 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:

It's all in good fun. Don't worry, I won't torture them...at least in front of their friends.

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 9:14 PM Quote
weirdmominaustin wrote:
Tianyan wrote:

It's all in good fun. Don't worry, I won't torture them...at least in front of their friends.

Heheheh...just promise never to show their friends the baby photos, now those are embarassing! G! My mum loves pulling out those one showing me as the podgy baby (complete with dimples and all) naked in a bath!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 9:27 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:

Heheheh...just promise never to show their friends the baby photos, now those are embarassing! G! My mum loves pulling out those one showing me as the podgy baby (complete with dimples and all) naked in a bath!

That's my plan for prom night...have a little slide show right before they leave.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:17 PM