Travis

Re: My Eyes
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 11:41 PM Quote
i knew it!! that will be a great single!! get it all

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 09 Jul, 2007 11:45 PM Quote
the day after i saw them perform this at the fonda gig i played it in my car and cried...and i don't even have a child...it must have been the memory of hearing fran talk about it and then havin' them perform the song.

genia_gvan
genia_gvan Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 5:12 AM Quote

Well, I'm a little confused, will be My eyes or Battleships?
I love both songs, but I'D prefer My Eyes... ")

Luis
Luis Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
They should definitely release 4 singles, maybe 5. They need to get their name back out there. Closer, Selfish Jean, My Eyes, Battleships.... Colder?

OMG U FORGOT BIG CHAIR !!!!! amazing song tbh

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 5:23 PM Quote
What about 3 Times? It seems to be quite popular, and i noticed the video was on myspace featured videos there last week

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 6:01 PM Quote
Luis wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
They should definitely release 4 singles, maybe 5. They need to get their name back out there. Closer, Selfish Jean, My Eyes, Battleships.... Colder?

Big Chair is very good but i don't think its a song thats going to put Travis back to the top. They need to release songs like My Eyes.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 7:42 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Luis wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Big Chair is very good but i don't think its a song thats going to put Travis back to the top. They need to release songs like My Eyes.

My Eyes would appeal to the same market that tried and then tired of Travis, as a collective group. It would have fitted perfectly on The Invisible Band, it's just that sound. Big Chair is different from the classic "Travis" sound and so might appeal to a different market?

lishag
lishag Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:07 PM Quote
I heard "My Eyes" long before "Selfish Jean" on the radio!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:03 AM Quote
lishag wrote:
I heard "My Eyes" long before "Selfish Jean" on the radio!

really? where????

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 1:36 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Luis wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

My Eyes would appeal to the same market that tried and then tired of Travis, as a collective group. It would have fitted perfectly on The Invisible Band, it's just that sound. Big Chair is different from the classic "Travis" sound and so might appeal to a different market?

They moved away from classic Travis before with 12 Memories... mmm ... very successful time for the band. They need to get that classic Travis back. People haven't tired of Travis, they just need to realise that the Travis they loved are back! Big Chair isn't going to do that. Travis were loved by a lot of people. They don't need to attract new fans, not yet anyway. Get those old fans back first. My Eyes, Selfish Jean, Battleships and Colder can do that.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 2:19 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Luis wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

They moved away from classic Travis before with 12 Memories... mmm ... very successful time for the band

12 Memories, in all seriousness, wasn't drastically different from the 'classic' Travis sound. Songs like How Many Hearts, Love Will Come Through, Quicksand and Somewhere Else still had the same sort of sound to them. Big Chair is a completely different sound all together!

I do agree with you in part, but a lot of the people who "loved" Travis might have been fickle and just into them because they were big at the time. So in that case, then they won't get those fans back- because bands like The Killers, Kasabian and Razorlight (ie. the "big" commercial bands of the moment) have taken them and hold their attention

martina
martina Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 6:36 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Luis wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

They moved away from classic Travis before with 12 Memories... mmm ... very successful time for the band

12 Memories, in all seriousness, wasn't drastically different from the 'classic' Travis sound. Songs like How Many Hearts, Love Will Come Through, Quicksand and Somewhere Else still had the same sort of sound to them. Big Chair is a completely different sound all together!

I do agree with you in part, but a lot of the people who "loved" Travis might have been fickle and just into them because they were big at the time. So in that case, then they won't get those fans back- because bands like The Killers, Kasabian and Razorlight (ie. the "big" commercial bands of the moment) have taken them and hold their attention

I agree with Paul

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 12 Jul, 2007 9:24 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
paul_c wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Luis wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Well, 12 Memories was different. I don't think i agree with you although i do understand what you're saying. Read the reviews on iTunes and over places over the Net. A lot of people who aren't as a big a fans as we are are saying "wow, didn't expect this. After the 'dreadful' 12 Memories, Travis are back!" Its not because of the quality of songs (well, party of course) but because 12 Memories wasn't Travis. My Eyes is the Travis people loved. Release My Eyes, Battleships and Colder. They'll start to get those Coldplay, Keane and Snow Patrol fans back.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:24 AM