Travis

Re: Drugs at festivals
Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 12:01 PM Quote
Ah Mark McClelland.

He has a new band but he is still as lazy and useless as ever.

www.myspace.com/littledoses

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 12:07 PM Quote
nah sorry, didnt explain myself very well. Just remember reading that you work as a roadie? Marks from Northern Ireland as well so knows most of the Snow Patrol roadies and has partied with you lot here. Useless bit of info but just thought of him now

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 1:28 PM Quote
Quote:
Just remember reading that you work as a roadie? Marks from Northern Ireland as well so knows most of the Snow Patrol roadies and has partied with you lot here.

PMSL @ Darran, u a roadie?

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 2:18 PM Quote
Oh yes indeed.

SP needed a bit of help in Copenhagen as they arrived about 30 mins before the gig started. It was great craic.

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 4:21 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
I think its a good idea. Havent seen anything about it though

It has been done in the Netherlands (i can hear you lot think "ofcourse!":)). It was all about the extacy pills. When there were a lot of badpills around they had a small tent where you got go and have your drugs tested.
I believe there were also flyers on what to do when drugs made you sick (things like drink orangejuice and stuff).

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 4:23 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Edel wrote:

It has been done in the Netherlands (i can hear you lot think "ofcourse!":)). It was all about the extacy pills. When there were a lot of badpills around they had a small tent where you got go and have your drugs tested.
I believe there were also flyers on what to do when drugs made you sick (things like drink orangejuice and stuff).

That's cool :)

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 4:24 PM Quote
i thought so too.
you can't control the use of drugs. People will do it anyway, better prepare them for the worst then i would say:)

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 4:30 PM Quote
It might be a good idea but don't know how efficient would it work. Festivals mean drugs for asignificant amount of people. Sadly.

Most importantly, bands are couraging people to do drugs in my opinion. Not by word of course but you can tell most of them are more than high on the stage. Funnily, at the Radar Fest I went last weekend, CocoRosie's vocal asked for a "smoke" from someone in the crowd. It was so obvious and happened more than once. More she ran high, more drugs were consumed, that I witnessed!

Edel
Edel Posted Fri 06 Jul, 2007 5:00 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Edel wrote:

Yes was thinking of yer model when reading Hannes post. But hadnt read anything about The Roskilde one in the news here :0)

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:52 PM