Travis

Re: How do you shop for clothes ?
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:04 PM Quote
Not forgetting TKMAXX and D2.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:05 PM Quote
I usually decide I wanna buy something then look on the internet n see if there's anything I want in Topshop or whatever, then go there and check out the clothes.

Or i will just go to Topshop to the Knicker section and just buy about 10 pairs of knickers. I love knickers.

And I usually go by myself, coz i don't like waiting for other people while they take 3 years trying something on only to not buy it. And you don't lose your shadow on Oxford Street...

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:08 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I usually decide I wanna buy something then look on the internet n see if there's anything I want in Topshop or whatever, then go there and check out the clothes.

Or i will just go to Topshop to the Knicker section and just buy about 10 pairs of knickers. I love knickers.

And I usually go by myself, coz i don't like waiting for other people while they take 3 years trying something on only to not buy it. And you don't lose your shadow on Oxford Street...

once went with a colleague shoe shopping for her and it took her forever to make up her mind about the type of shoe she wanted, her budget, the colour....enventually she bought something her sister liked. 2 hours wasted !
bloody nightmare

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:11 PM Quote
is D2 cheap? It just looks very grand when i pass it and i don't think i'd be able to afford anything by the look of it.

TKMAXX, i can just never find anything that isn't neon!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:14 PM Quote
try to avoid it if I can. Hate trying on stuff. My fave shops are the charity and vintage shops in and around Byres Rd in Glasgow. Other than that it's usually H & M for me

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:21 PM Quote
Here's how i proceed :

For certain items of clothing, like something i'll wear for a meeting or for a special occasion, there are 2 shops i go to because i like their work and the stuff is well made.
I also try to go to "press sales" as the prices are very low but you need a good network to get invitations.

For "everyday" stuff and most working days, i go to Zara, Mango, H&M....

When i see something i like, i check if it can be worn with a couple of other things i have already and how i can accessorize it.

Shoes and bags : they're fun pieces.
same strategy as "special clothes" : i rely on quality.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:47 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Here's how i proceed :

For certain items of clothing, like something i'll wear for a meeting or for a special occasion, there are 2 shops i go to because i like their work and the stuff is well made.
I also try to go to "press sales" as the prices are very low but you need a good network to get invitations.

When i see something i like, i check if it can be worn with a couple of other things i have already and how i can accessorize it.

ooh, i love H&M!

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:49 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Here's how i proceed :

ooh, i love H&M!

me too and i like TopShop even more but none of it Paris....have to go to London.

isma
isma Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:51 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Here's how i proceed :

ooh, i love H&M!

Seconded that . I buy my striped Tshirts here Haha

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:54 PM Quote
Most of my t-shirts are band t-shirts, so do gigs count as shopping for clothes?

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:56 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Most of my t-shirts are band t-shirts, so do gigs count as shopping for clothes?

oui

Joe
Joe Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:15 PM Quote
They'd be bloody expenssive T-shirts then.

I've got nothing to wear...oh wel, I'll just have to go to a Franz concert.

Sunny
Sunny Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:22 PM Quote
isma wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

ooh, i love H&M!

Seconded that . I buy my striped Tshirts here Haha

Thirded! It's great for basics.

dee
dee Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:23 PM Quote
second-hand shops,market stalls, charity shops and Penneys(that's primark to you lot) mainly.
very rarely spend over a tenner(€10) on any item of clothes.
i am a cheapskate and damn proud of it.
I prefer to clothes shop alone if i am looking to buy for myself however i love to help other people look for things.
I never talk to shop-assistants on high-street stores but always talk to the little old-ladies in charity shops because they let you know where the good stuff is hidden and when the next big consignment of out-of-season stock from high-street stores are being delivered.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:49 PM Quote
I shop on my own! It's best and my favs would be River Island and H&M. I usually buy from Excel or EX3 for my more designer things and funky pieces oh and Ebay :) Love the shop in Barcelona (or spain in general) called Bershka, they do great Jeans but i tend do go for Replay jeans :)

Regarding price, well I would spend good money on clothes but atleast they last. Primark does my head in as u buy something, wash it and it shrinks or looses it shape or falls apart! lol

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:11 PM