Travis

Re: Valentine's Day Sucks!
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 7:14 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I really think it's a bad idea to promote Valentine's Day in school...

Some guy ends up with 10 flowers and gets all sturdy and loaded with self confidence and then the rest of the class ends up with nothing and feel like a bunch of dorks.

Don't meen to sound bitter or anything, but I just don't like it ;)

When I was in primary school it was the person who got a card that was mocked.

Now I go to an all girls school, so we don't usually have problems like that anymore.

Not a big fan of the day myself, just seems so fake.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 7:28 PM Quote
I know what you mean - both of you..

Well we all were like 16-20years old...So we would send each other flowers -just you know as friends.

Yeah but it hurt -when one year you don't get any :(

and artificial love-days like these tend to lead to trouble and drama anyway.

about those mocked beings here - we did once a reasearch - well it was more a school-project back than - to how people feel years later.

most people said that they were ok now, that they learned other stuff instead etc. but after digging we found out that suprisingly many people do have a "black list". Not that they're off to kill em -but they remember very clear who did what to whom in those days - and they actually would like an opportunity to pay it back...

children can be cruel....

dee
dee Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 7:50 PM Quote
i was never really that much into it, was dreading having to do sappy valentines art that parents expect at this stage, that said i had a blast today.i have a class of 10-12 year olds who i set loose making cards for whoever they wanted. most made ones for friends and parents, then a couple of not so anonymous cards were going around.one boy made a kickass " i hate you" card for his sister with a black crepe heart.
from what i could tell i don't think anybody felt left out.
in one of the younger classes a boy came in with two bunches of roses for two different girls which i thought was hilarious:p

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 9:29 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
http://students.ou.edu/Y/Sara.E.Yelton-1/tn_broken-heart-01_png.jpg

It's just another chance for the companies to earn some more money. A huge pile of commercial shit is what it is!
Stupid holiday!

l agree!
l really don't care about Valentine's day.
Sometimes it can be fun, l mean, you hang out with some friends, girlfriend or some other stuff...But l guess it's a normal day...

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 10:15 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
http://students.ou.edu/Y/Sara.E.Yelton-1/tn_broken-heart-01_png.jpg

It's just another chance for the companies to earn some more money. A huge pile of commercial shit is what it is!
Stupid holiday!

l agree!
l really don't care about Valentine's day.
Sometimes it can be fun, l mean, you hang out with some friends, girlfriend or some other stuff...But l guess it's a normal day...

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Nell wrote:

I never got something for a valentine - I don't think it's that big here. Although in High you could send someone in a school roses - so yes I got roses - but from good old schoolfriends - so nothing romantic -. It's jsut fun when they come into your classroom - and give you the flowers and read something in front of everyone - (perfect chance to mock someone! :) ) and you've got less school...

I think it was in school I started hating this day actually, just because it led to more mocking and those who were popular in the class got yet another chance to brag about it. I was always the outsider in school, so I sat there in my corner every year, hoping for some flowers at my desk, but it never happened :(

Otherwise I love flowers :D

Wow!!! Valentine's day in school??? The only thing that happens in my school on Valentine's day is that a boy in our class is named Valentine so he offers heart-shaped chocolates to everyone....
I can feel you Alex... I am not exactly the outsider at school (how would you name a guy that is always calm and nice and everyone like him, but no one really knows him???), but yeah, i am so distant from some girls...
But its a bit stupid indeed, if you love someone. you love her/him every day, isn't it???

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sat 14 Feb, 2009 1:20 AM Quote
let's see the other side of this day, so... happy friendship dayfor everyone! :D *hugs*

A valentine's day that I'll never forget was two years ago, working at night in a restaurant... was a bloody hell!

velouria
velouria Posted Sat 14 Feb, 2009 5:11 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
velouria wrote:

And for TheBoyWithAName, flowers for you!
http://www.flowerstodubai.com/images/Mixed%20Flowers%20and%20a%20Bear.jpg

Aaaw how very sweet of you, that compensates for some of the bad experience I have from Valentine's Day :D

Thank you!!!

No problemo! Even "outsiders" need flowers [especially the ones with good music tastes]!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 14 Feb, 2009 10:12 AM Quote
Wolfy wrote:

Wow!!! Valentine's day in school??? The only thing that happens in my school on Valentine's day is that a boy in our class is named Valentine so he offers heart-shaped chocolates to everyone....

Haha that's funny, sounds like he's officially taken the role as Dr Love or something :P

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sat 14 Feb, 2009 4:42 PM Quote
Glad its over.Not like its a significant day for me at all coz i spend it like any other normal day.

And yes i agree its overrated..The last time i celebrated was way back in high school.Everyone were forced to coz they made it compulsory.I got a few cards,flowers and some plush bears but none of them were from admirers.heh.Just friends=)The thing is that I've always look at it as a day to celebrate with friends..It doesn't have to be with a bf/gf..Tt's why I've been single so long.but tt's only coz i choose to.Isn't it awesome to be single seriously?Or maybe I'm just weird..haha.

And i totally agree that when ur in a relationship everyday should be Valentine's day!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Sat 14 Feb, 2009 4:44 PM Quote
Me and my other half haven't really been getting along for a few weeks, always bickering and/or not talking to one another. We are getting back to the way things were but we're not really celebrating this year.

Valentine's Day Sucks ! yo Sacramento
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 14 Feb, 2009 5:50 PM Quote
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/aahnutz/1-103.jpg

What better way to spend your Valentine's Day evening with your honey than at an art show???

Check out The Awful Work of Paul Imagine
Sub-Q Piercing and Tattoos
1715 I Street, Sacramento
Saturday, February 14, from 6 to 10 p.m.

Find Imagine’s work online at http://www.insurgentarts.com

Also see clips from the the poster art documentary American Artifact (http://www.americanartifactmovie.com).

Great article to read HERE, too!

damon
damon Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 7:19 PM Quote
i had the bad idea of having lunch in a mall, and was not a very bright idea...

i was wearing pants, tennis... and 95% of the people were huging and kissing... agrrr...

really really not nice for a single !

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 7:28 PM Quote
I had an amazing Valentines day! Let's just say I got more than I expected.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

If you say A, you must say B :)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 7:40 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

If you say A, you must say B :)

I must say nothing :)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:06 PM