Travis

Re: Last Words
alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 3:47 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I think it's too late now. It's starting to look as if there won't be another single from the album.

Yeah, I've got the same feeling too but the possibility of being wrong still exist. Only with time we'll know what happen...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 3:50 AM Quote
I agree too. I really think Quite Free might be THE best Travis song since The Invisible Band. Certainly up there with Love Will Come Through and Closer. It's so natural. I mean, it just exists. It's perfect from start to finish, doesn't feel as if it's been created. I think I know what I mean. Though I'd also say Chinese Blues, Last Words, Song To Self and Before You Were Young are better than all but 2 or 3 on TBWNN. :)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 5:36 AM Quote
Last Words is one of my faves too!NO doubt about it=D

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 8:38 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I agree too. I really think Quite Free might be THE best Travis song since The Invisible Band. Certainly up there with Love Will Come Through and Closer. It's so natural. I mean, it just exists. It's perfect from start to finish, doesn't feel as if it's been created. I think I know what I mean. :)

Well said Ben !

and thanks RazZz Berlin seems to have caught on to what I mean ! :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:17 PM Quote
Quite Free reminds me a bit of Love Will Come Through, but I guess that's only me :P

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 7:00 AM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I agree too. I really think Quite Free might be THE best Travis song since The Invisible Band. Certainly up there with Love Will Come Through and Closer. It's so natural. I mean, it just exists. It's perfect from start to finish, doesn't feel as if it's been created. I think I know what I mean. :)

Well said Ben !

I agree with Ben, Quite Free MUST to be the new single, all the song is almost perfect; and the most important: the accordion is the best.

Just listen carefuly the accordion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LQ515t4Qw4

Is fantastic

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:01 AM Quote
Nice video, shame they don't play it live now. They don't play live all the best on Ode. Quite Free, Broken Mirror, Last Words. They don't always play Chinese Blues either.

I very much doubt we'll get another single from Ode. Even though Quite Free would be a nice choice, i wouldn't want to see it limp in at number 124. So i say leave it alone on the album. Same for Last Words, Chinese Blues... I know, release Get Up! :P

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 12:56 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Somewhere Else wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Well said Ben !

I agree with Ben, Quite Free MUST to be the new single, all the song is almost perfect; and the most important: the accordion is the best.

Just listen carefuly the accordion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LQ515t4Qw4

Is fantastic

Oh I love that version with the accordion, why don't they play it live anymore? :O

Release it as a single, even people that don't like Travis would enjoy it! Classic song!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 4:20 PM