Travis

Re: 17 Kids and Counting...ridiculous
Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 10:27 AM Quote
Ek I thought this was going to be some crazy mormon/culty thing. It's very similar! the freaky this is I am watching some movie called The Ultimate Sin (made for tv crap) and it's a bunch of people like this. But the "man" of the house has like 6 wives :(

I just don't understand this at all and all in the name of religion supposedly!

spid
spid Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 11:04 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
minnmess wrote:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1308/1001301886_f1ab3f666d.jpg ahhhhh

they must just fall out by now.

i instantly hate them on the basis of this photo

how come she doesn't have a sigle grey hair?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 11:58 AM Quote
I once knew a girl who's mother was one of 17 kids, 6 Sisters and 11 Brothers. Seemingly in older families in Ireland it wasn't that uncommon for families to hit double figures.

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 3:56 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I once knew a girl who's mother was one of 17 kids, 6 Sisters and 11 Brothers. Seemingly in older families in Ireland it wasn't that uncommon for families to hit double figures.

Dubz

Yeah, my great aunt and uncle had 11 kids. Hitting double figures back in the day wasn't that uncommon, I supposed...but that's when women didn't work, there was no birth control and they needed loads of kids to help plow the fields and stuff, lol!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:07 PM Quote
physke wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Oh dear, they have an entire tv show?? I remember seeing them in a documentary a while ago. They went to this conference thingy with other families with an awful lot of children. They went to see 'families with the same lifestyle choice' as they put it.

That thing with the kiss is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just thinking, what if they finally kiss and realise that they don't really like to kiss that person? Am I the only who tried thinking I fancied someone and then be disappointed when I kissed this man?

The interesting thing is that they can wait for a kiss maybe for a year but then do not hesitate for a (or 17) child even for a second... give birth...give birth... again...

the parents were like "yes, we kissed before we were married. It was a mistake. We saved ourselves for each other for marriage but we kissed and went to far before we were married."
IT'S A KISS!! You didnt make a mistake!
The oldest kid is 20 i think, so has had 17 kids and one on the way in a span of 20 years!
And I agree Hanne. What if they are standing at the alter, go in for the kiss and realize they have no chemistry whats so ever?
Moral of the story: let your astronomical amount of children kiss before they are married.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 2:06 AM Quote
and now there is a show on about Purity Balls.
There is something creepy about these fathers talking about their daughters purity. And the fact that some of these kids are as young as 5.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 13 Nov, 2008 6:20 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
and now there is a show on about Purity Balls.
There is something creepy about these fathers talking about their daughters purity. And the fact that some of these kids are as young as 5.

Here's a NYTimes story on the same church that does the balls. I'm watching it right now, and it just seems... er... too unreal. I think it's wrong because this ritual is basically set up to make life seem like a fairy tale for these girls

Purity Balls

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:31 AM