Travis

Re: USA Elections
minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Can you have a shared government in the states??

Like over in Ireland or Scotland if one party does not win by a big enough margin then you have what is called a hung parliment where they have to share the power.

That's maybe a better idea...

like minority/majority govs? thats what we have.
or do those party's leaders also share the power as well? that we dont have. PM from the winning party, and then depending on how many MPs from that party are elected, it can be a minority or majority.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:49 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Can you have a shared government in the states??

No. Each individual wins or loses. Currently Congress has more Democrats than Republicans but that is just because more individuals won their various districts, not because the Democrats are suddenly the ruling party.

It is still kind of a shared government in that it is mixed but no, it's not exactly what you're getting at.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:57 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
minnmess wrote:

50% of people have a favourable opinion of Sarah Palin??!!??

This is mental isn't it ?
Christ ! She freaks me out.

I'm not saying I'm proud of this but i kinda fancy her

I would.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
minnmess wrote:

i just dont get that! I can readily admit when a woman is attractive but i just dont see it in her. Must be a boy thing...

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:32 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Good thing you're not voting in Ohio . But she is HAWT !

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 1:56 AM Quote
Since I have an album release countdown I might as well have an election countdown (although, I've already voted).

6 days!

mili
mili Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 8:25 AM Quote
Yes We Can

http://yeswecan.dipdive.com/#/~/videoplayer/0/169/2207/~/

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 11:44 AM Quote

^ That's awesome! Go OBAMA!

Did anyone see the 30 minute "political ad" Obama's campaign ran last night @ 8 p.m. EST on the networks? It was really good. Very moving. I don't think that's ever been done before by a candidate, but it was a perfect idea at the right time...right before the election and right before the Phillies won the World Series, so you know a LOT of people were at home watching TV last night.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 1:43 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Since I have an album release countdown I might as well have an election countdown (although, I've already voted).

6 days!

Lindsey , they don't count , tally (?) , those votes until after the election. The votes done on the day of the election are the ones the electorals follow

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
lindsey22295 wrote:

6 days!

Lindsey , they don't count , tally (?) , those votes until after the election. The votes done on the day of the election are the ones the electorals follow

Well my presedential vote doesn't really matter that much since CA will be blue no matter what. So that is okay. And as long as it is eventually counted especially for the Propositions.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

^ That's awesome! Go OBAMA!

Did anyone see the 30 minute "political ad" Obama's campaign ran last night @ 8 p.m. EST on the networks? It was really good. Very moving. I don't think that's ever been done before by a candidate, but it was a perfect idea at the right time...right before the election and right before the Phillies won the World Series, so you know a LOT of people were at home watching TV last night.

oh my, they did reports about this in the media here - crazy! I mean, where did he get all that money from? and if this is allowed in the States: WHY has no one ever done that before??????

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 8:23 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

oh my, they did reports about this in the media here - crazy!

Yeah, same here! Good idea and perfect timing but if any of the politics over here ever do this I'm gonna kick my telly! 30 minutes? Jaysus! lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
oh my, they did reports about this in the media here - crazy! I mean, where did he get all that money from? and if this is allowed in the States: WHY has no one ever done that before??????

Yes he has raised a vast amount of money. More than McCain but really the presidential candidates for both major parties always have a ton of cash.

Candidates have definitely bought prime time TV before. I remember Michael Dukakis did it in the late 80s. He still lost though.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
Psh. I already voted, so I watched Pushing Daisies instead.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 8:39 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
lilly wrote:

Yes he has raised a vast amount of money. More than McCain but really the presidential candidates for both major parties always have a ton of cash.

Candidates have definitely bought prime time TV before. I remember Michael Dukakis did it in the late 80s. He still lost though.

but 30 minutes??? on many channels? that must have cost a fortune!
god, I think if someone did that over here, no one would vote for him anymore (they'd say he likes wasting money etc). but - as always when it comes to politics - the States are different ;)

Pages Previous 1...12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:13 AM