Travis

Re: I am REALLY
paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:28 PM Quote
My sister's really religious. I'm not. The only thing i'm into is music. In effect, it's my religion- or my science if i was you. It's the only thing i study and discover and enjoy doing

hey dave!
dee
dee Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:30 PM Quote
i just wanted to know what your take on human energy forces is.
auras, fields of perception-that kinda malark.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:30 PM Quote
Science is a relatively big passion for me purely because of the possibilities (and the misconceptions), history (namely scottish, and namely dundonian) is a GIANT passion of mine, and music is my life

Re: hey dave!
DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:33 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i just wanted to know what your take on human energy forces is.
auras, fields of perception-that kinda malark.

creepy. pure and simple lol
all energy is transferrably - and they say energy, well I'm sorry but the earth unit for energy is Joules - I guess my aura is several thousand joules eh? and consequently it must at some point be potential energy (in joules) and therefore must have a thrusting force (if kinetic)... :P

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 11:07 PM Quote
i'm done for tonight - goin around Dundees FOUR castles tomorrow - yeah screw edinburgh and the other one whatever its name is...Glas...

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 8:31 AM Quote
On my way out the door -

extra terrestrials?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 10:34 AM Quote
UFO's?!?! hee hee I used to believe, being a huge X-files fan...now I'm kinda torn between the two. What went on at Roswell etc, will we ever really know???

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 10:37 AM Quote
Sure they visited Bangor the other week.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 11:05 AM Quote

PMSL can't believe I missed that! lol

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 5:03 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
UFO's?!?! hee hee I used to believe, being a huge X-files fan...now I'm kinda torn between the two. What went on at Roswell etc, will we ever really know???

Depends what we mean - i'm sure most people believe in the gigantic chance of their BEING extra terrestrial life somehwer ein the universe...but are they/have they been among us?
Perhaps they visited hundreds/thousands of years ago and realised there wasn't much here then sodded off...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 5:33 PM Quote
I like the thing that Men In Black did with it- ie. they're down here trying to lead what we'd see as normal lives on our planet.

Certainly think we're not the only living planet in the universe, and we're definitely not the most advanced. The tale of E.T. is just such a nice story, something like that has to have happened somewhere, at some time!

threeamigos
threeamigos Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 5:42 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
i'm done for tonight - goin around Dundees FOUR castles tomorrow - yeah screw edinburgh and the other one whatever its name is...Glas...

What's wrong with Edinbugh Castle, i was there last weekend for the first time and it was a good day out.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/CAZ007/Picture005.jpg

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:49 PM Quote
Theres nothing wrong with Edinburgh Castle, its just reeeeally expensive, whereas all of Dundee's FOUR castles are FREE and very lovely and in original states, not all colourified and full of tourist traps :)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:50 PM Quote
threeamigos wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

What's wrong with Edinbugh Castle, i was there last weekend for the first time and it was a good day out.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/CAZ007/Picture005.jpg

what's wrong with it ? it's built on a hill

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:53 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

what's wrong with it ? it's built on a hill

as are most castles, it makes them easier to defend. I imagine if you built it on the flat, the raiders would just flatten the thing then it wouldn't be here for you to visit.

Pages Previous 1...11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:54 PM