DavesUrMan wrote:
I'm bein a good lad but also degrading biology

Biodegrading??

lol I like it! ;)

Re: I am REALLY
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
Wait a minute - thats sounds like a prayer...a prayer...a prayer in a public school!!!
God has No place within these walls!
Just like proven fact has no place in religeon!

Its true - being religious is rather silly...

So believing in something to help you get through this mess we call life is silly ??

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:00 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
Wait a minute - thats sounds like a prayer...a prayer...a prayer in a public school!!!
God has No place within these walls!
Just like proven fact has no place in religeon!

Its true - being religious is rather silly...

So believing in something to help you get through this mess we call life is silly ??

to a fair extent

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
if you're gonna 'believe' in something to make yourself feel better, itd be better to 'believe' in something that makes sense...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:04 PM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
if you're gonna 'believe' in something to make yourself feel better, itd be better to 'believe' in something that makes sense...

But it doesn't have to make sense that is what faith is about, also lot's of people have different sources for their own individual perception of a higher power, for example the collective good of mankind. surely that is a type of religion.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:

But it doesn't have to make sense that is what faith is about, also lot's of people have different sources for their own individual perception of a higher power, for example the collective good of mankind. surely that is a type of religion.

I think having morals is great and helping your fellow men is absolutely great, but the idea of a god or of ghosts etc is skeptical. To be honest my biggest problem is with people who believe 100% in genesis like that retard who stopped me in the street to try and 'convert' me, and i put up a half hour battle with him for the sake of science :D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
Is there any reason why religion and science can't co-exist?

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:12 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Is there any reason why religion and science can't co-exist?

well they do in many areas sort of co-exist...however they contradict SOOO much its like black and white. I mean I'm sure most religions will accept that we're made up of cells etc etc, but then start to waiver when genes come into it, and like most religions will accept the size of the universe and what each part is made of, but won't accept its age or anything that suggests that god didnt create it in 7 days...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:13 PM Quote

I saw an article recently where The Atheist Movement in America are becoming just as bad as these fudamentalist bastards by protesting and ramming their ideas that it's all science down people's throats.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. people have the right to choose.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:14 PM Quote
See the biggest struggle I've had (which I'd love someone to explain to me - I tried my religeon teacher, that weird guy in the street, and even my minister and they can't agree, though they think genesis (adam and eve, divine light etc) is all 100% true...

ON THE FIRST DAY, GOD CREATED LIGHT

What the heck?! light?! on what?! theres absolutely nothing there, then all of a sudden theres light - shining on what? theres no particles for light to exist on cos hes not created anything!! - all of a sudden theres som elight somewhere...

then he creates the sun and the moon or something then the oceans, then the land and all kinds of rubbish that makes no sense - he hadn't even created space or galaxies or anything, yet theres life without the sun, moon or stars around...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
I don't really believe anything in the bible. After all, it's just fiction.

And i'm not too sure about scientific explanations either. In some ways, i think both hold weight- but i'm not entirely convinced by either

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:22 PM Quote
My teacher actually asked us to draw the '7 days of creation' - so in the first box under god created light, i just drew a 40 Watt glossy, and was consequently puninshed for being cheeky - I was seriously confused and being very eloquent in my confusion :D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:24 PM Quote
Lol, nice one. How are you supposed to draw light anyway? That's a bit of a stupid task!

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 10:26 PM Quote
I'm not sure but my last drawing ended up (because of the way its described) as a small island with fish on top of it floating on water which is floating in the middle of no where wit a great big light bulb on it and the moon was inside the sun which was attached to the island - because thats literally how its described...and eeryone in class was very confused about why i was confused - they all drew stuff that they assumed they emant, i drew literally :D

Pages Previous 1...10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:30 PM