Travis

Re: The Official Nighttiming Thread
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 6:57 AM Quote
There has been a sex scene in every single episode of this freaking show! I totally loved the dawn with the gun scene (limp dick motherfucker!). Ha!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:55 AM Quote
So is Lindsey still going to Spoon ?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 5:40 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
So is Lindsey still going to Spoon ?

UGH no. Lindsey is in Davis wallowing. I promised a friend like a million years ago that I would house sit/dog sit this past saturday through wednesday. And I had basically forgotten until last week when she reminded me. So I am sitting around watching ER on dvd and wallowing. And still hobbling.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:37 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

UGH no. Lindsey is in Davis wallowing. I promised a friend like a million years ago that I would house sit/dog sit this past saturday through wednesday. And I had basically forgotten until last week when she reminded me. So I am sitting around watching ER on dvd and wallowing. And still hobbling.

Wah wah wahhhh. I'm so sorry Linds. And you missed Treasure Island too. How many housesitting gigs have you done to date?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 2:16 AM Quote
meanwhile , in West Oakland , this is going through it's birthing pangs

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/0:110902.jpg

first color on tap right now

these will be availible in my favorite city , LA I love LA , at the We the people rock concert Sat , the 27th , Nas , suicidal Tendencies are the headliner

State historical Park

go to www.yopeace.org for more info

GOOOSEY take note !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 2:54 AM Quote
Hey guys! What's going on? Just finished a new painting. :) I was inspired by J. Smith. haha.

Lindsey, I'm really sorry about the Spoon thing. :( That really stinks.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 3:08 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Hey guys! What's going on? Just finished a new painting. :) I was inspired by J. Smith. haha.

We must see this painting!! :D

I'm scanning stuff and am going to work on an art project whilst I surf the net.

I was wondering...is anybody doing Nanowrimo this year?

Speaking of: I posted a new chapter of Modular Living for those interested. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 3:41 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I'm scanning stuff and am going to work on an art project whilst I surf the net.

Cool! You post yours and I'll post mine, Dak. I don't know if you saw my first one, but this is like a companion piece to that one. A continuation of the story. :) The first one was called "Why Does It Always Rain On Me"...this one is called "J.Smith". I think I still need to add more shadows, so I'll post it in a few days.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 3:59 AM Quote
hey all! Can't wait to read more Dak...and can't wait to see the new painting Nikki! I loved the other one! :) Right now we are finishing our basement...it should be done in a couple of weeks. I think once I get my office set back up I'm going to pull out my paints and see what I can come up with. It's been a while since I've done that.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:06 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Cool! You post yours and I'll post mine, Dak. I don't know if you saw my first one, but this is like a companion piece to that one. A continuation of the story. :) The first one was called "Why Does It Always Rain On Me"...this one is called "J.Smith". I think I still need to add more shadows, so I'll post it in a few days.

I think I remember that one! Can't wait to see the sequel. :D

Well, I'd have to ask about the one thing, because it's for a job and not even close to being finished, but any of my other artings I'd be happy to share...:D

I think I will, in fact! :D

http://manicdak.com/pictures/albums/userpics/10001/crazy_hair_001.jpg

One of my favorite paintings. Haha. I wanted to break all the "Rules" So I made a giant floating head, smack in the middle of a square piece of plywood (LOVE painting on plywood by the way!) and then painted it in flat colours! Haha! I know it looks rectangular in the picture but it's actually 12 x 12, and the background is stark white. It's actually badly lit in the picture. It's totally weird, I love it, I've always wanted to make more floating heads. (I call it Emo Crazyhair.)

Here's my gallery of mostly old stuff:

Gallery

I think the newest thing in there right now is the drawing of Jeff Tweedy.

http://manicdak.com/pictures/albums/uploads/Artwork/illustrations/ill/print_001.jpg

And I'll post my aquatint even though it isn't that great (I'm pretty sure I left the black on the edges of the plate on purpose, but who knows. It could just be an effed up print. I don't remember!), but it's a print anyway Intaglio was my favorite class. I took it, like, four times! ;)

Errr... I think that may have been oversharing. I get a little enthusiastic about drawing. :D

Edit:

PS: That head is NOT Rivers Cuomo or Elvis Costello by the way. It's nobody in particular. ;)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:19 AM Quote
Thanks for sharing your art Dak....I loved seeing it! I especially love your pastel drawing of Damon Albarn. Very nice!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:38 AM Quote
I can't see the pictures you posted for some reason, but OMG! Dak, is your humming bird painting and Fran Healy drawing? They are beautiful!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:49 AM Quote
Weird...can anybody see them?

Haha, the stupid boards probably changed IP addresses again or something and my hotlink protection is blocking them. Who knows!

Anyway, there are a couple of Fran in there (I think they could be way better.) But thank you. :)

Any image of a hummingbird that you see is a photograph. I don't recall ever painting a humming bird. :D

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:57 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Weird...can anybody see them?

Haha, the stupid boards probably changed IP addresses again or something and my hotlink protection is blocking them. Who knows!

Anyway, there are a couple of Fran in there (I think they could be way better.) But thank you. :)

Any image of a hummingbird that you see is a photograph. I don't recall ever painting a humming bird. :D

I can see them!

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 5:51 AM Quote
They are awesome.

Pages Previous 1...122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:37 PM
Thread Locked