Travis

Re: I am REALLY
Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:36 PM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
DavesUrMan wrote:
there is no such thing as 0

But what do you mean by there's no such thing such as 0? Yeah, 0 does not have any form in the physical world and it doesn't exist in (0,*insert infinity symbol here*) but surely it exists in R?

its like I say, basically - you tell me - what is THE smallest number?

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:37 PM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:
So do we think we'll colonise the moon or what?

More likely mars for some VERY interesting reasons :D

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 8:49 PM Quote
Sorry the two above were Davesurman, not beatle babe lol

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 9:22 PM Quote
Basically, you cant have a definitavely SMALL number, 'the smallest number' as an actual value any more than you can THE biggest number as an actual non-infinite value. And since 0 isn't a number, there is no 'smallest' number... not even 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 10:36 PM Quote
WOW - SOME PEOPLE - WELL ONE PERSON HERE - IS REALLLLLY DESPERATE TO HAVE AS MANY THREADS ON HERE AS POSSIBLE ISNT HE...PERHAPS WE SHOULD COMPLAIN?

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:04 PM Quote
Oh my! I missed the big thread. :-P

So, Dave; if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around, doest it make a sound? ;-)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
Having read over the past 12 pages of this thread, I've come to one conclusion.

Dave, you must be beating the girls off with a shitty stick man, seriously.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:19 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

very brave you are to read all that - you deserve a massive drink OR an aspirin

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:21 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

You should've gone to...
http://www.em-l.co.uk/images/specsavers_logo.gif

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:26 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:

You should've gone to...
http://www.em-l.co.uk/images/specsavers_logo.gif

And you should have switched your sarcasm-o-meter on man ;-)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 14 Jun, 2007 11:27 PM Quote
Ah y'all know what i'm like by now surely :)

la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 7:21 AM Quote
Beatle Babe wrote:

1/infinity. Simple :) No wait... (((((((1/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)...

OK there is no smallest number. But there is a smallest of every set(I'm sure there's an axiom by Euclid somewhere). So there is a smallest number. Unless you can prove otherwise. Go ahead...

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 9:27 AM Quote
la femme qui wrote:
Beatle Babe wrote:

1/infinity. Simple :) No wait... (((((((1/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)/infinity)...

OK there is no smallest number. But there is a smallest of every set(I'm sure there's an axiom by Euclid somewhere). So there is a smallest number. Unless you can prove otherwise. Go ahead...

There can't be a smallest number without using infinity somewhere in the number. 0.01 is small right? 0.000000001 is even smaller 0.1 x 10 to the power of negative 15 trillion trillion trillion billion million trillion million is eeeeven smaller - so without actually going on and on with the zeros before the one, there is no infinitely (or infantesemally) small number.

And then of course, lol, there is negatives to take into account, whic is oof course just the polar opposite of what ever the largest number is - and we can't get that with out using infinity - we don't even know what the 'last number before infinity' is, because there is no such thing.

And if there can be no smallest number, there can be no zero

Beatle Babe
Beatle Babe Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 9:29 AM Quote
DavesUrMan wrote:
la femme qui wrote:
Beatle Babe wrote:

There can't be a smallest number without using infinity somewhere in the number. 0.01 is small right? 0.000000001 is even smaller 0.1 x 10 to the power of negative 15 trillion trillion trillion billion million trillion million is eeeeven smaller - so without actually going on and on with the zeros before the one, there is no infinitely (or infantesemally) small number.

And then of course, lol, there is negatives to take into account, whic is oof course just the polar opposite of what ever the largest number is - and we can't get that with out using infinity - we don't even know what the 'last number before infinity' is, because there is no such thing.

And if there can be no smallest number, there can be no zero

are you already at work? oh and andy, i think you owe someone a tenner - the post has made it to friday :)

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Fri 15 Jun, 2007 9:32 AM Quote
champagnesupernova wrote:
Oh my! I missed the big thread. :-P

So, Dave; if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around, doest it make a sound? ;-)

It matters not if there is no one around my young padawan...or whatever.

See (if you're talking about a forest on earth certainly) sound is ONLY exists audibly (other than a wave) due to the presence of obstacles and more to the point, particles, in the air. Sound can barely even travel without particles of air and vapour and dust etc - thats the only reason we hear each other.

And since the forrest is full of particles for the sound to reverberate (sound) with, then yes, it does make a sound -

when your boiler clicks on at home whilst your at work, does it fail make a sound just because you are not there?

hehehehehe

luv ya merih - come see my legs soon ok? Oh I mean me...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pages Previous 1...8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:17 PM