ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:40 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
Nikki wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
Nooo, not Morrissey! :P

Hey Dakota!

I'm sorry! It's just the way he sings...I want to smack him!

Haha, that's alright. I don't get all uptight about stuff like that ;) Also, I'm not a super huge Morrissey Fanatic like some, I just like the tunes every now and again. I find some of his lyrics a little on the Morbid and Gloomy side though.

Ya think? :P

The Smiths:
And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

Hahaha, that is worthy of a big sad trombone. CUE: *wah wah wahhhhhh

Re: It's the freakin' weekend!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:46 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
Nikki wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
Nooo, not Morrissey! :P

Hey Dakota!

I'm sorry! It's just the way he sings...I want to smack him!

Haha, that's alright. I don't get all uptight about stuff like that ;) Also, I'm not a super huge Morrissey Fanatic like some, I just like the tunes every now and again. I find some of his lyrics a little on the Morbid and Gloomy side though.

Ya think? :P

The Smiths:
And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

Hahaha, that is worthy of a big sad trombone. CUE: *wah wah wahhhhhh

When I imagine the sound of your sad trombone I think of "Paperclips"...which I love, by the way! Just listened to it today for the first time in a long while and it's such a cool song...just so interesting and moody.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:49 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
When I imagine the sound of your sad trombone I think of "Paperclips"...which I love, by the way! Just listened to it today for the first time in a long while and it's such a cool song...just so interesting and moody.

Yeah, whenever Paperclips starts in I'm like.... NEXT (sorry franny!). You know what song I "discovered" the other day? How Many Hearts. That song is amazing! 12 Memories gets a bad rep. I wonder if they ever played How Many Hearts live...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:50 AM Quote
I think I heard Radiohead's new song on the radio today. It's one I've never heard before for sure! I'm not sure yet if I like it or not :/ I'll have to have another listen...

Anyone else heard it yet?

(Yes I do realize there is a whole thread devoted to this very subject, but guess what? I don't care.) :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:52 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Yeah, whenever Paperclips starts in I'm like.... NEXT (sorry franny!). You know what song I "discovered" the other day? How Many Hearts. That song is amazing! 12 Memories gets a bad rep. I wonder if they ever played How Many Hearts live...

They did in Detroit in 2003! :)

I LOVE 12 Memories!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:55 AM Quote
Somewhere Else is so cool live...Dougie on the wee xylophone.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:55 AM Quote
My station played all the tracks (not in a row) the day it came out, and I downloaded it. (For 0 dollars, whatever I don't care. Haha!) I'll probably buy it if/when it gets a CD release here in stores. I wanted the box set but I don't have any credit card to blow 80 bucks on. Anyway, My favorite Radiohead song ever (Nude) is on it. And it's actually even better than it is live. Damn, I love that song. It's the only one that could supplant Let Down as my all time Favorite and now that it's got an official release it has.

(oh, man, every so often my insane Radiohead fan rears it's ugly head.)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:55 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I LOVE 12 Memories!

Damn! Hmm maybe I should start the "Play The Fear/How Many Hearts/Happy/U16 Girls/ More Than Us in Seattle!" campaign... maybe I should pick just one...

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:57 AM Quote
12 memories has some of my favorite songs. Not a big paperclip fan though.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:57 AM Quote
PS. You guys made me bust out the Travis. 12 memories is alright, It's got some good tunes, and some bad ones. (Peace the fuck out, I'm lookin' at you!)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:58 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I LOVE 12 Memories!

Damn! Hmm maybe I should start the "Play The Fear/How Many Hearts/Happy/U16 Girls/ More Than Us in Seattle!" campaign... maybe I should pick just one...

LOL! I think you may be pushin' it girl! :P

But nice selection.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 4:59 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I LOVE 12 Memories!

Didn't you really want blue flashing light as well?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 5:04 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I LOVE 12 Memories!

Didn't you really want blue flashing light as well?

Ugh! Yes... :(

And Nikki, I "bought" the Radiohead album Wednesday. My favorite song off of it is Nude.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 13 Oct, 2007 5:04 AM Quote
I like all the songs on 12 Memories. Some more than others...but love 'em all.

I can't play Quicksand or Some Sad Song anymore though, they freakin' skip so much!!! (time to buy a new disc I think) :/

PS: I'm driving in a brand spankin' new Chrysler Sebring this week for work and it's got a six-CD changer thingy...I've never had one of these in my personal car so I got really excited and put all 5 Travis albums in...in order. My boyfriend got in the car and was going through each slot to see what I had in there and he looked at me like I was crazy :D hahaha.

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:39 PM