Travis

FAO: Fran/Travis
glennr2008
glennr2008 Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 2:19 PM Quote
RE: Wolverhampton

4 years ago, you guys played your "Singles" tour and returned to Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall. 2 days before you played there, my Nan passed away, she was 94. The day you played i was waiting 4th in line and was interviewed for our local paper (My picture appeared in there the next day and i looked awful)

I want to thank you guys for pulling me through that immense time for me. I was very close to my Nan and i still miss her dearly. The night was perfect, i was on the barrier infront of Andy and the setlist was stunning, you really did give me a night to treasure.

At my Nan's funeral we played both "Falling Down" and "Funny Thing". (FD on the way in and FT on the way out). If by any means you happen to read this before you play the gig on Tuesday, If there is anyway you could play either of those songs it would mean the entire world to me.

I don't want to sound like i am begging or trying to sway your setlist decision in anyway - whatever you play will be amazing. I just wanted to say Thank You, and should you play either of them, there will be atleast one person in the crowd crying tears of joy as only i will know how truely special it'll mean.

To everyone going to Wolves on Tuesday, enjoy the gig, and i'll see you there :-)

Gx

Re: FAO: Fran/Travis
kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
glennr2008 wrote:
RE: Wolverhampton

4 years ago, you guys played your "Singles" tour and returned to Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall. 2 days before you played there, my Nan passed away, she was 94. The day you played i was waiting 4th in line and was interviewed for our local paper (My picture appeared in there the next day and i looked awful)

I want to thank you guys for pulling me through that immense time for me. I was very close to my Nan and i still miss her dearly. The night was perfect, i was on the barrier infront of Andy and the setlist was stunning, you really did give me a night to treasure.

At my Nan's funeral we played both "Falling Down" and "Funny Thing". (FD on the way in and FT on the way out). If by any means you happen to read this before you play the gig on Tuesday, If there is anyway you could play either of those songs it would mean the entire world to me.

I don't want to sound like i am begging or trying to sway your setlist decision in anyway - whatever you play will be amazing. I just wanted to say Thank You, and should you play either of them, there will be atleast one person in the crowd crying tears of joy as only i will know how truely special it'll mean.

To everyone going to Wolves on Tuesday, enjoy the gig, and i'll see you there :-)

Gx

Sorry to hear about your Nan :( . Went through something similiar 9 years ago a few days before I went to a James gig. Amazing how good a healer music is in times like that. Hope they play Falling Down for you. Think its been on the setlist for most of this tour. Here's a vid I took of it in Glasgow
Falling Down

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
So sorry. Thanks for sharing your story.

glennr2008
glennr2008 Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 6:48 AM Quote
Thank you :-)

I saw them do Falling Down on the Brstol date of the Club Tour in February and it was amazing, it would just mean so much if it could be performed in Wolves :-)

Im just happy to have seen them do it for the first time in about 12 years lol! All i need now is Funny Thing too! hehe

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:33 PM