Travis

Students' Association
daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
Today was the election day for my school's students' association of this academic year. I'm one the recreation secretaries and luckily I was successfully elected.

I will be responsible for organizing most of the school's recreational events, such as Halloween party (which we'll turn the campus into a hauted house) and Singing Contest, and other general affairs of the SA(selling stationaries, photocopying.....).

I think it's gonna be fun but also tough and very challenging. I will try my best to do a great job and also try very hard to keep up with my school work(especially chemistry). Let's see!

Re: Students' Association
minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
cool, congrats!
You should have a Travis Appreciate Night. Turn the whole thing into a way of forcing Travis on people.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
Congrats!
It's great that you get to organize cool events!
Here, since uni is free, we have to fight to get more budget, better clasrooms and buildings, etc. I'm going to a big demonstration this afternoon. I'm all for public education, our government should be more supportive.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Sep, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Congrats!
It's great that you get to organize cool events!
Here, since uni is free, we have to fight to get more budget, better clasrooms and buildings, etc. I'm going to a big demonstration this afternoon. I'm all for public education, our government should be more supportive.

i was always jelous of people with free university, but i guess there are major downsides too!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 27 Sep, 2008 4:45 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

i was always jelous of people with free university, but i guess there are major downsides too!

Oh, yes. There's good and bad in everything.
I'm very proud of public education in my country. I went to a public highschool and it's one of the most prestigious of the country. The University of Buenos Aires is free and it's one of the biggest and best universities in Latin America. Even two girls from Yale that were my class mates last semester said that the class we were taking was the best they had ever taken.
The thing with the UBA is, even though the educational level is good, we don't get enough budget. And some colleges are downright neglected in the distribution. One of those is the Social Sciences one (where I study hehe). You should see our batrhooms: you can't lock the doors. Toilet paper? Bring your own.
Last wednesday the classroom was flooding!

And it's not like the State has no money, they just rather invest it on something else than education...

*Sigh*

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:11 PM