Travis

Before You Were Young.... Take two
everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
Wow. How to become popular on the Travis board.

Seriously, I've never had one PM on here before today and now I'm in double figures because I have an mp3 of Before You Were Young.

I don't wanna sound a bastard, but pull yourselves together!!:) It's a song, and it will be in your possesion in FOUR days. And for those who don't have the release date of Monday, you know mp3's aplenty will start spilling out on Monday too.

It's practically rabid in my inbox! Relax. You'd think the album was coming out next year or something! And half of you have heard every track in live/acoustic/album form already!

I sent it to Joe Mono because...

1) He provides a great service to the Travis community
2) I owe him one

So really people, c'mon - sort it out. The only reason I have the album is because it arrived 5 days early. Yesterday was the first time I'd heard all these songs apart from Get Up, J. Smith and SA.

I'd purposely kept myself away from them cos that's what I wanted to do. If you're not like that, then that's cool, but wow, I knew us fans were hardcore but I've seen new heights today! Hopefully someone will be willing to throw you an mp3 bone.

My internet upload speed is also pathetically slow, so that's another reason too.

But yeah, c'mon, the excitement of discovery is one of the best feelings, so don't rob yourself of all 11 chances before Monday.

And now to sound like a bastard, but it is (genuinely) my favourite song on the album. I love it.

And so will you.

Sorry y'all, but it is worth the wait :)

x

Re: Before You Were Young.... Take two
minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
not to be rude, but your original post was you asking for the song, so what is the difference?
and you will come to learn that we are all crazy. every last one of us.

renatorp
renatorp Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
You know we all want to hear this song so much, and it would be very nice if you change your mind and send us the song...Alright, only 4 days left, and I'm sure we're all gonna buy the album, but for people who had already heard all the songs except this one, this anticipation is almost killing...But anyway, it's up to you dude

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:38 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
not to be rude, but your original post was you asking for the song, so what is the difference?

Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah...! Wash your mouth out crazy lady! :) I never said any such thing! lol Don't know where you got that from, but you are mistook! And hey, I'm crazy too - I have a 'travis box', I'm just controlled about release dates!

x

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
everyday_face wrote:
Wow. How to become popular on the Travis board.

Seriously, I've never had one PM on here before today and now I'm in double figures because I have an mp3 of Before You Were Young.

I don't wanna sound a bastard, but pull yourselves together!!:) It's a song, and it will be in your possesion in FOUR days. And for those who don't have the release date of Monday, you know mp3's aplenty will start spilling out on Monday too.

It's practically rabid in my inbox! Relax. You'd think the album was coming out next year or something! And half of you have heard every track in live/acoustic/album form already!

I sent it to Joe Mono because...

1) He provides a great service to the Travis community
2) I owe him one

So really people, c'mon - sort it out. The only reason I have the album is because it arrived 5 days early. Yesterday was the first time I'd heard all these songs apart from Get Up, J. Smith and SA.

I'd purposely kept myself away from them cos that's what I wanted to do. If you're not like that, then that's cool, but wow, I knew us fans were hardcore but I've seen new heights today! Hopefully someone will be willing to throw you an mp3 bone.

My internet upload speed is also pathetically slow, so that's another reason too.

But yeah, c'mon, the excitement of discovery is one of the best feelings, so don't rob yourself of all 11 chances before Monday.

And now to sound like a bastard, but it is (genuinely) my favourite song on the album. I love it.

And so will you.

Sorry y'all, but it is worth the wait :)

x

Good for you dude. C'mon peeps stop your begging, its four days off!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
Sharing is a good thing, people! Maybe it's because I was brought up as a catholic lol, but come on!

If you think it's cool to wait until the album is released fine, but don't "reprimand" others for not having the same standards as you. Of course it's up to you if you don't want to share the song, and it's entirely your decision but... I don't know, it sounds a bit selfish to me.

Just like the other dude who's been asking for a leak for weeks and once he found it he wouldn't share it with anyone!

Everyone's going to buy the album anyway...

That being said, I don't want to listen to Before You Were Young or any other song (appart from the 4 that I've already heard). I'm waiting until november 4th.

Edit: I just re-read my post and I'm not sure if it makes much sense hehe. I have a very strong cold, I can't think in English, please bare with me :oP

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
I agree. You shouldn't have to feel pressure over sending people the song. People are obviously excited but its not long now. The way i do it is to go back 4 days in my mind. Not that far is it? Once it's released in the UK, it'll be all over the Internet. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
everyday_face wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah...! Wash your mouth out crazy lady! :) I never said any such thing! lol Don't know where you got that from, but you are mistook! And hey, I'm crazy too - I have a 'travis box', I'm just controlled about release dates!

x

my mistake. i thought you were the person that started that other thread. People without pics confuse me!

jaredsiden
jaredsiden Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 5:02 PM Quote
i have it will send to as many people as neccesary. just pm me. if anybody has the ballad to j smith b side, that would be greatly appreciated. but if you dont, ill still send you a link for before you were young.

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 5:08 PM Quote
Quote:
If you think it's cool to wait until the album is released fine, but don't "reprimand" others for not having the same standards as you. Of course it's up to you if you don't want to share the song, and it's entirely your decision but... I don't know, it sounds a bit selfish to me.

Everyone's going to buy the album anyway...

Oh man, I knew I was opening a whole can o' worms with that post! I don't think I was "reprimanding" other people. That's not how it was intended anyways. To want it is perfectly normal. I've wanted them since I heard all the rave reviews after the Feb live shows! It was more about the hysteria of it. I feel like I've just walked into a refugee camp and I'm from the UN with a big package saying "food parcel". Some people have just asked for it, but there has genuinely been some begging! lol

You pretty much have a weekend to wait, I mean 'cmon. I'm not being selfish. I got lucky. I have some cool old versions of Travis songs that aren't on Travisography that I'm soon to send to Joe Mono. If I was keeping those, or going on about how wonderful they are but refusing to send, then yes, I'd be totally selfish and a bit of an idiot. But I just can't be bothered to send out a song to all these different people (and believe me, my upload speed is practically dial-up - 3's mobile broadband for those wanting to verify!) which a lot of people have already heard in some form or other, and the rest can get after pretty much waiting a weekend for it. I'm really not trying to be a dick about it, I just don't see the big deal.

If it helps to make this picture clearer, even when I was a small kid, I would insist all of my family would open their presents up before I would even touch my own on Christmas morning. So you can see something's not right somewhere!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
everyday_face wrote:

Oh man, I knew I was opening a whole can o' worms with that post! I don't think I was "reprimanding" other people. That's now it was intended anyways. To want it is perfectly normal. I've wanted them since I heard all the rave reviews after the Feb live shows! It was more about the hysteria of it. I feel like I've just walked into a refugee camp and I'm from the UN with a big package saying "food parcel". Some people have just asked for it, but there has genuinely been some begging! lol

You pretty much have a weekend to wait, I mean 'cmon. I'm not being selfish. I got lucky. I have some cool old versions of Travis songs that aren't on Travisography that I'm soon to send to Joe Mono. If I was keeping those, or going on about how wonderful they are but refusing to send, then yes, I'd be totally selfish and a bit of an idiot. But I just can't be bothered to send out a song to all these different people (and believe me, my upload speed is practically dial-up - 3's mobile broadband for those wanting to verify!) which a lot of people have already heard in some form or other, and the rest can get after pretty much waiting a weekend for it. I'm really not trying to be a dick about it, I just don't see the big deal.

If it helps to make this picture clearer, even when I was a small kid, I would insist all of my family would open their presents up before I would even touch my own on Christmas morning. So you can see something's not right somewhere!

Lol about that christmas presents thing! xD

It's ok, I understand. You have every right to do whatever you think you should, and you have valid reasons for it. I respect that.
I was just saying my opinion, which was really more influenced by the other guy who had been asking for the leak than by your post, but I just happened to post it here.
Please don't feel like I'm judging you or anything, it was just a comment from a person who doesn't speak English well :oP.

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I was just saying my opinion, which was really more influenced by the other guy who had been asking for the leak than by your post, but I just happened to post it here.
Please don't feel like I'm judging you or anything, it was just a comment from a person who doesn't speak English well :oP.

Hey, don't be silly! I'm not gonna be offended by comments on a forum. It's good to talk. You can say what you like as long as it's not needlessly nasty. Everyone's a friendly face here. (Even the faceless ones - sorry to whoever complained bout my lack of pic!).

I didn't even pick up that you were foreign, so you've got nothing to worry about with your English.

And now there's an mp3 of Before You Were Young! A happy ending for all concerned!

x

Versus
Versus Posted Thu 25 Sep, 2008 8:04 PM Quote
a pm for the song and the album anyone??

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:01 PM