Travis

Re: Leaks or potential leaks
Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:43 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Kristy wrote:
I think it's hilarious that it hasn't leaked and people are getting frustrated about it. I'm waiting till Monday either way so doesn't bother me...

I find it hilarious that people want it to be leaked (and would advertise it if it was leaked), then moan about a lack of chart position. Er ... cos everyone will have downloaded it, you fools!

Yep, right you are. Lets have the good ol' days back when release dates were release dates.

There'll come a time when albums will disappear from the shops, I'm sure - just like singles.
That'll be a sad day in the history of music :(

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
something you 'leak' fans don't consider.... more often the time before an album is out is the most exciting, like waiting for Xmas, going on hols or most of all waiting for a Travis gig ! so guys enjoy the eeeeeeeee time before Monday ! I am ! :)

Precisely! I'll be waiting :)

I'm all for free speech, but when you say the same thing over and over again, it gets tedious.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:54 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Kristy wrote:
I think it's hilarious that it hasn't leaked and people are getting frustrated about it. I'm waiting till Monday either way so doesn't bother me...

I find it hilarious that people want it to be leaked (and would advertise it if it was leaked), then moan about a lack of chart position. Er ... cos everyone will have downloaded it, you fools!

Yep, right you are. Lets have the good ol' days back when release dates were release dates.

There'll come a time when albums will disappear from the shops, I'm sure - just like singles.
That'll be a sad day in the history of music :(

Aye. In fact, lets face it, there'll come a time when there'll be no such thing as shops lol. Our towns will be deserted save for the odd tumbleweed whilst everyone sits at home glued to their computer screen. Scary stuff...

*continues to sit in front of computer waiting for new ipod to be delivered*

RadioMad
RadioMad Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:16 PM Quote
Just stumbled upon a link on another messageboard.
Not gonna tell you where though, and I'm going to resist downloading it.

I'm sure you guys can wait a couple more days ;)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:18 PM Quote
It's not sanctimonious to be against free downloading a leak, it's the commercial principle of the matter.

I'd hate to think of so called fans downloading the leak then not buying the actual cd when it's out, or not going to see the band play live.

Being a fan is as much putting your money where your mouth is, as liking the music.

Whether you're a struggling student, or a working person trying to survive the recession, it's still unprincipled to freeload. How would you like it if it happened to your own creation, that is the fruit of your work effort and your livelihood?

And without wishing to state the obvious, if sales are low (as a result of downloading the leak, or just low interest), this board is going to erupt in righteous indignation when the chart positions are announced, if Travis have performed poorly.

To the freeloaders - I wonder who'll be to blame????

Besides, the release date is so close. As it has been said, enjoy the build up, look forward to visiting the record store, or to hearing the postman's delivery. Anything else just spoils the anticipation.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:19 PM Quote

Aye. In fact, lets face it, there'll come a time when there'll be no such thing as shops lol. Our towns will be deserted save for the odd tumbleweed whilst everyone sits at home glued to their computer screen. Scary stuff...

*continues to sit in front of computer waiting for new ipod to be delivered*

Surely all towns will be called Tesco ... Tescoshire ... Tescobury ... Tescochester ... eventually :P

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:22 PM Quote
RadioMad wrote:

Dont worry, just found the on i think your talking about 23 percent and counting.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:24 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
RadioMad wrote:

Dont worry, just found the on i think your talking about 23 percent and counting.

Will you buy the album? Just curious ...

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:28 PM Quote
He did say no recently...

If I remember correctly. Apologies if I'm wrong.

accousticbug
accousticbug Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:33 PM Quote
hey morethanus..

sanctimonious? explain?

look download it if you want pal.. im quite sure you will buy the album.. and if you dont.. travis wont starve.

by indulging in sharing the album though, you gotta recognise that it will have an effect, and if your down with that then whatever.

but gona be a little more subtle about it? what are you going to do when you find it? post 10 alternative links for it on here?

why would you want to download it anyway? such a big deals been made of the quality of the sound, and your not going to get that with an mp3 rip.. youd probably enjoy it and appreciate it alot more if you waited

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:33 PM Quote
Any Chance you can PM me the link.....and if anyones wondering i will actually be gettin 2 copys of the album (i pre ordered but im gettin my signed one out of Fopp) but i really cant wait

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:33 PM Quote
Nah, but im going to see them tommorow, so im filling thier coffers anyway. 78 per cent, not long now.

Plus, please dont put words in my mouth filb. Thanks

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:35 PM Quote
Oh you are stealing the album still. I won't apologise then.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:36 PM Quote
MoreThanMe wrote:
Nah, but im going to see them tommorow, so im filling thier coffers anyway. 78 per cent, not long now.

I wasn't bothered about the money side of things. I mean, hey I'm not buying it or downloading so I'm more of a leper than you! ;-)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
accousticbug wrote:
hey morethanus..

sanctimonious? explain?

look download it if you want pal.. im quite sure you will buy the album.. and if you dont.. travis wont starve.

by indulging in sharing the album though, you gotta recognise that it will have an effect, and if your down with that then whatever.

but gona be a little more subtle about it? what are you going to do when you find it? post 10 alternative links for it on here?

why would you want to download it anyway? such a big deals been made of the quality of the sound, and your not going to get that with an mp3 rip.. youd probably enjoy it and appreciate it alot more if you waited

Nah, im going to put it on my i-pod and go for a run in the car. Ok see ya.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:30 AM