Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 09 Jan, 2012 11:57 PM Quote
I'm quite drunk and watching late night TV...

12:30 Live NHL Ice Hockey Florida Panthers v Vancouver Canucks

Florida have an Ice Hockey team ???

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 09 Jan, 2012 11:59 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I'm quite drunk and watching late night TV...

12:30 Live NHL Ice Hockey Florida Panthers v Vancouver Canucks

Florida have an Ice Hockey team ???

Dubz

2 in fact. Also the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Panthers get a lot of Canadian Snow Birds (is this a common term? Old retired folk who go south for the winter).

Go 'Nucks!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 2:15 PM Quote
Setanta Ireland have started showing live NHL Hockey, I've been watching bits of it and I'm starting to get into it...

However I need some advice on whom I should be supporting.

Wed: Washington Capitals v Pittsburgh Penguins
Thu: Boston Bruins v Montreal Canadiens (Montreal get this one as I remember them beating LA years ago to win the Stanley Cup I think)
Sat: Montreal Canadiens v Ottawa Senators & Calgary Flames v Los Angeles Kings
Sun: Tampa Bay Lightning v Pittsburgh Penguins.
Mon: Phoenix Coyotes v Colorado Avalanche
Tue: Toronto Maple Leafs v Ottawa Senators

Are there "rounds" of games each day or do they just spread it out like this so you get a game every night. Last night Detroit got thrashed by NY

Any advice on what teams/players etc. I should be looking out for would be greatly appreciated.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 2:35 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Setanta Ireland have started showing live NHL Hockey, I've been watching bits of it and I'm starting to get into it...

However I need some advice on whom I should be supporting.

Wed: Washington Capitals v Pittsburgh Penguins err, I don't care about either. But Washington. Watch out for Ovechkin. Having an off year, but one of the best in the league on a good night.
Thu: Boston Bruins v Montreal Canadiens (Montreal get this one as I remember them beating LA years ago to win the Stanley Cup I think) yes. Montreal. This is a huge historical rivalry
Sat: Montreal Canadiens v Ottawa Senators & Calgary Flames v Los Angeles Kings Ottawa and Montreal are my 2 favourites. Hope for an Overtime game so they both get points
Sun: Tampa Bay Lightning v Pittsburgh Penguins.
Mon: Phoenix Coyotes v Colorado Avalanche
Tue: Toronto Maple Leafs v Ottawa Senators never ever cheer for the Leafs. Ever.

Are there "rounds" of games each day or do they just spread it out like this so you get a game every night. Last night Detroit got thrashed by NY

Any advice on what teams/players etc. I should be looking out for would be greatly appreciated.

Dubz

Bolded are who you should cheer for. Ones left without are teams I'm neutral about. When in doubt, cheer for the Canadian team :) Except Toronto. Never cheer for Toronto.

Each team plays 82 regular season games. When regular season is over, the top 8 in the East and top 8 in the West move onto the playoffs. You play within your conference in best of 7 series until you have 1 left in the East, and 1 left in the West. They play a best of 7 series to win Lord Stanleys Cup.

Hmm, players to watch out for. I believe Henrik Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks is highest in points right now and Samkos of the Lightning highest in points. NY Rangers are leading the East and Vancouver the West.

If you can find it to watch online (I know you can download it from isohunt) HBO 24/7 is a really great behind the scene look at the NHL. Last year it was about Washington/Pittsburgh, and this year NY/Philly. It follows the teams for a month leading up to the Winter Classic...an outdoor game on or around New Years Day.

Oooh, that was fun :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 4:23 PM Quote
Maple Leafs are like Manchester United ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 4:30 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

without Beckham's pretty face*

*I know Beckham hasn't been at Man U for years.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 11 Jan, 2012 4:34 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

He and the kids were watching Arsenal playing Leeds the other day...Sorry for your loss Mili

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 20 Jan, 2012 4:07 PM Quote
Sens beat Sharks ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 20 Jan, 2012 4:11 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Sens beat Sharks ?

won the last 6 of 7. Alfie is the captain of the All Star Game IN Ottawa next week. Yay!

mili
mili Posted Fri 20 Jan, 2012 9:54 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

He and the kids were watching Arsenal playing Leeds the other day...Sorry for your loss Mili

Thanks.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 7:23 PM Quote
Leafs vrs Sens ?

mili
mili Posted Sun 05 Feb, 2012 9:19 PM Quote
There was a wild local match his weekend, the Winter Classic. They played at the Olympic Stadium, not at the ice rink, -18 °C, snowing… another match, Finland -Russia is scheduled at the stadium, too, I hope the audience is wrapped up.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Feb, 2012 12:42 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Leafs vrs Sens ?

you shut your face :P

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 06 Feb, 2012 7:20 PM Quote
Seen this and thought of you, Kristy.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 06 Feb, 2012 8:14 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Seen this and thought of you, Kristy.

Dubz

duh!
I watched a little of the super bowl last night, and it reminded me of why I love hockey. The Super Bowl is all about style over substance. The owner accepting the trophy? There is such a lacking in history and respect for the sport. Hockey, kids, is full of tradition not Madonna lip synching.

Pages Previous 1...75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 Next All Times UTC Current Time 7:20 AM