Re: Worst thing about the Summer?
cosmicwonder
cosmicwonder Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
summer heartbreak ... is never good!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 11 Jun, 2007 11:36 PM Quote
alramon13 wrote:

ahhahaaha...that's right...just like a Texan to complain about the summer. Rightly so. If i was ever compelled to move back to Texas, which i go back and forth, i'll remember the fact that it's not only like living in hell, the heat from the flames burning all around it's so damn hot there, but you have mosquitos, flying roaches, and in west texas there are flying ants, come to think of it there are loads of ants and fleas when i lived in Galveston. It's tropical madness out there. It's not just the mosquitos sucking the blood out of you, the humidity sucks the living life out of you too. I think that's why Texans enjoy beer. What else you gonna drink to cool you down?

you said it!! this year though, the mosquitoes are worse because of the rain we've been getting! hopefully, come july, they will have died out or moved on, and we won't have to worry about them when we see travis at Stubbs!! see ya there!

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:22 AM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

you said it!! this year though, the mosquitoes are worse because of the rain we've been getting! hopefully, come july, they will have died out or moved on, and we won't have to worry about them when we see travis at Stubbs!! see ya there!

Ah, so you decided to road trip it, eh? Glad to hear that. We'll definitely see ya there. I'm not sure what time we'll fly in, but if we get there early, we'll either be drinking across the street at Jorge's cause they have the killer margaritas, or we'll just be hanging at the bar downstairs at Stubbs. Please note, not the bar upstairs, but the bar downstairs;)

Talking about this is getting me excited. I just luuuuuuuuuuuuv Texas!!!! (but the heat sucks and maybe i need to buy mosquito repellent. [It rubs the lotion on the skin....ahhhhhhh forget it...lol]

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:33 AM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
It rubs the lotion on the skin....ahhhhhhh forget it...lol

precious!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:36 AM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
Ah, so you decided to road trip it, eh? Glad to hear that. We'll definitely see ya there. I'm not sure what time we'll fly in, but if we get there early, we'll either be drinking across the street at Jorge's cause they have the killer margaritas, or we'll just be hanging at the bar downstairs at Stubbs. Please note, not the bar upstairs, but the bar downstairs;)

Talking about this is getting me excited. I just luuuuuuuuuuuuv Texas!!!! (but the heat sucks and maybe i need to buy mosquito repellent. [It rubs the lotion on the skin....ahhhhhhh forget it...lol]

yep! i'm gonna try to duck out of work early, so i don't hit the horrible rush hour traffic, but it'll be easier for me to get to austin, than to houston the next day. are ya'll flying out to houston too?
well, we'll definitely have to meet up at Stubbs! i'm so excited!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:42 AM Quote
how long does it take to get from dallas to austin? it seems like it would be a 5 hour drive.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:45 AM Quote
Els* wrote:
how long does it take to get from dallas to austin? it seems like it would be a 5 hour drive.

nah, it doesn't take that long...only 3 or 3 1/2 hours. hopefully, i can leave early!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:49 AM Quote
oh thats not bad at all. i hope your boss is good to you.

we are leaning on flying to houston. no one wants to drive cause we know we'll be nursing hangovers. its austin! we'll just have someone pick us up at hobby.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 12:52 AM Quote
Els* wrote:
oh thats not bad at all. i hope your boss is good to you.

we are leaning on flying to houston. no one wants to drive cause we know we'll be nursing hangovers. its austin! we'll just have someone pick us up at hobby.

oh, yeah...i'm sure the boss will be cool...what time does your flight get in? do you have friends/family in austin?

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 1:02 AM Quote
we don't have our flights booked yet. lisa may fly in on wednesday and meet up with danny. i'll probably book an early flight on thursday which will put me in at midafternoon. i've got some airline credits/tickets to use up so i'm trying to work it out.

our friend danny has family there and we've got a friend that lives there. he's from the bay area but not a travis fan. i'm sure he'll want to meet up if he can. he took some nice pictures of morrissey. take a look. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywestphotography

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 1:09 AM Quote
Els* wrote:
our friend danny has family there and we've got a friend that lives there. he's from the bay area but not a travis fan. i'm sure he'll want to meet up if he can. he took some nice pictures of morrissey. take a look. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaywestphotography

wow! that's a lot of shows!! how cool!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 1:12 AM Quote
i know. really nice work. i hope he can take some photos of travis but who knows. he'd probably need a photo pass since he's pro. travis... can you have your people get in touch with "my" people. lol

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 1:35 AM Quote
Els* wrote:
alramon13 wrote:

precious!!!

Dude..get the creepy quotes right...that's Silence of the Lamb.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 1:37 AM Quote
Els* wrote:
i know. really nice work. i hope he can take some photos of travis but who knows. he'd probably need a photo pass since he's pro. travis... can you have your people get in touch with "my" people. lol

haha! that would be pretty cool though!

Els*
Els* Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 4:33 AM Quote
alramon13 wrote:
Els* wrote:
alramon13 wrote:

precious!!!

Dude..get the creepy quotes right...that's Silence of the Lamb.

i did!!!! precious was the fuckin poodle. don't you remember the girl in the pitt calling precious?

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:47 AM