Travis

Re: BAR MONO in OSLO
Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 11:45 PM Quote
Light wrote:
Just wondering when some fresh reports from today´s gig are going to reach this destination. Come ya fellows. Hopefully you enjoyed the time, have no doubts about.

Yeah, I was refreshing the page from time to time too, searching for someone to tell us how was it!

valen
valen Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:48 AM Quote
Not long back from this evenings 30 minute gig, what a evening. The guys appeared just after 21:00 to start getting equipment etc. set up as they wanted it. Andy told me they had been participating in press-related events all day - he only found out about the gig from their web site, a real last minute decision, and very welcome. They withdrew from the stage, only to reappear at the agreed 21:45. Fran thanked the two other bands for allowing them to steal some the evening.

The guys then went on to perform a great, but all too short set, including Sing, Side, Long Way Down, Song To Self, Driftwood, Love Will Come Through (if my memory serves me right), I Kissed A Girl (And I Like It) - yes, you read correctly, they did a briliantly funny cover of this song. The rest of you that were there, help me out if I've missed any.

Unfortunately Fran didn't notice the guy in control signalling that they could play two more songs, so they played what was to be the last song, and gracefully left the stage. A short time later both Andy and Fran reappeared to listen to the main attraction, and went on to spend the rest of the evening at Mono, mingling with the rest of us mortals.

I texted my mum in Glasgow to tell her I was going to see Travis, to which she replied that I should give them her regards from Glasgow. I showed this to Fran, who proceeded to text my mum back (nothing bad, I promise).

After what must have been at least three hours of mingling, the guys were eventually bundled out the door and off to bed.

Definitely a night to remember.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:59 AM Quote
valen wrote:
Not long back from this evenings 30 minute gig, what a evening. The guys appeared just after 21:00 to start getting equipment etc. set up as they wanted it. Andy told me they had been participating in press-related events all day - he only found out about the gig from their web site, a real last minute decision, and very welcome. They withdrew from the stage, only to reappear at the agreed 21:45. Fran thanked the two other bands for allowing them to steal some the evening.

The guys then went on to perform a great, but all too short set, including Sing, Side, Long Way Down, Song To Self, Driftwood, Love Will Come Through (if my memory serves me right), I Kissed A Girl (And I Like It) - yes, you read correctly, they did a briliantly funny cover of this song. The rest of you that were there, help me out if I've missed any.

Unfortunately Fran didn't notice the guy in control signalling that they could play two more songs, so they played what was to be the last song, and gracefully left the stage. A short time later both Andy and Fran reappeared to listen to the main attraction, and went on to spend the rest of the evening at Mono, mingling with the rest of us mortals.

I texted my mum in Glasgow to tell her I was going to see Travis, to which she replied that I should give them her regards from Glasgow. I showed this to Fran, who proceeded to text my mum back (nothing bad, I promise).

After what must have been at least three hours of mingling, the guys were eventually bundled out the door and off to bed.

aww, so jealous! I love that Andy found out from the website! hahaha. I Kissed a Girl? seriously? I hate that song but would love to hear them doing it! That is awesome that he texted your mom!
sigh. did i mention that i was jealous?

valen
valen Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 2:08 AM Quote
Fran commented that he thought the song was actually about a man uncertain about his sexuality, which made all of the following text especially funny. Not wanting to trouble his brain with remembering the text of such a cronic song, he had the lyrics written out on paper, which he taped to his mic so he could read it easily.

As for mum, Fran made a sixy-something woman's day (I won't use the word OLD, that can be dangerous). I promised him the texts wouldn't end up on eBay :-)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 2:31 AM Quote
valen wrote:
Fran commented that he thought the song was actually about a man uncertain about his sexuality, which made all of the following text especially funny. Not wanting to trouble his brain with remembering the text of such a cronic song, he had the lyrics written out on paper, which he taped to his mic so he could read it easily.

good call. that is really for the best. once that gets in your head, there is no getting it out!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 2:32 AM Quote
valen wrote:

Wow! I'm a bit jealous, actually. :P
But thank you for posting and... Andy finding out about the gig on the website totally cracked me up.
And Fran texting your mum! That's awesome! XD I don't know about her, but I can totally picture my mum jumping around with her mobile phone in her hand, smiling like crazy if she was her. XD
Well, short gig but pretty unique, wasn't it?
I'm gonna say this again: I love small venues!
Did you take some picture?

And... God! Can someone actually sell text messages on ebay?!?!? Really?!?!?
XD

valen
valen Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 3:46 AM Quote
It definitely was a one-of-a-kind concert - I sat laughing to myself every time I looked around the room and saw so few people at a Travis concert.

I took a few photos with my poor camera phone, but I'm sure others there with proper cameras have better photos than I have.

I know my young cousin is going to be ill with jealousy when she sees my mums texts from Fran. I joked with Fran that we wouldn't sell them on eBay - stranger things have happened, nothing is sacred these days.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 7:23 AM Quote
Wow I would love to hear their interpretation of I Kissed a Girl. Sounds like fun!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 9:31 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
Wow I would love to hear their interpretation of I Kissed a Girl. Sounds like fun!

I can't stop humming it! It's making me crazy!

Elein
Elein Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 9:59 AM Quote
I've got their hilarious version of "I kissed a girl" on tape, and will try to put it up on Youtube later. Ohhh, and Fran gave me his handwritten setlist and text to the song. It will NEVER be sold on E-bay:)
It truely was a one of a kind evening!

Elein
Elein Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:00 AM Quote

Elein
Elein Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:01 AM Quote

Elein
Elein Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:01 AM Quote
This computer is going berserk, sorry!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:14 AM Quote
Elein wrote:
I've got their hilarious version of "I kissed a girl" on tape, and will try to put it up on Youtube later. Ohhh, and Fran gave med me his handwritten setlist and text to the song. It will NEVER be sold on E-bay:)
It truely was an one of a kind evening!

Ooh wow!! Can't wait to see that on YouTube and are you going to frame the setlist?!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 10:40 AM Quote
I've just had a wee look at YouTube and found this fantastic video of Fran and Andy's version of "I Kissed a Girl". Love it!!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:57 PM