Travis

BAR MONO in OSLO
Fran
Fran Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 2:55 PM Quote
Andy and Fran will be doing a 30 minute set at BAr MONO in Oslo tomorrow night at 21:45. Come all ye Faithful (if you live in oslo) xfx

Re: BAR MONO in OSLO
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
If only! Some of us have to put up with living in slightly less exciting places....Selby, for example! Have a good time, those of you that can make it!

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
If only! Some of us have to put up with living in slightly less exciting places....Selby, for example! Have a good time, those of you that can make it!

How is it gonna take you 3 hours to get from Selby to Leeds and back again? Aren't the trains every half hour?

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
Because I won't be working in the centre of Leeds, I'll be working in Morley which is another bus ride ride away from the centre!

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:32 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:
Because I won't be working in the centre of Leeds, I'll be working in Morley which is another bus ride ride away from the centre!

Ah, right well, in that case, don't ever think about taking a 221/220 bus from Morley to Leeds - they go down Dewsbury Road and that's a depressing hell hole.
Will you be anywhere near the train station in Morley? The local trains into Leeds don't take too long.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

Ah, right well, in that case, don't ever think about taking a 221/220 bus from Morley to Leeds - they go down Dewsbury Road and that's a depressing hell hole.
Will you be anywhere near the train station in Morley? The local trains into Leeds don't take too long.

Ah ok!! Unfortunately will be working nr Asda on Britannia Rd if you know it...looking at the map it's miles away from the station but you sound like you know your stuff so would it possible to get the train to Morley and then walk? So you live in Leeds then?

Eeek, kinda hijacked Fran's thread with travel issues, sorry Fran!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
aww, Fran has taken to talking in 3rd person! love it.

Sadly Oslo is far far away...

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:

Ah ok!! Unfortunately will be working nr Asda on Britannia Rd if you know it...looking at the map it's miles away from the station but you sound like you know your stuff so would it possible to get the train to Morley and then walk? So you live in Leeds then?

It's quite a walk from Morley station (Personally I wouldn't do it every day, especially in winter!) - about 30 mins I reckon. You're unfortunate that you cut across the bus boundary - First and Arriva - so there isn't a quick bus from Leeds (the Arriva ones are slow).
Would your employer fund a taxi from Morley train station?

[I'm not far from Morley]

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

It's quite a walk from Morley station (Personally I wouldn't do it every day, especially in winter!) - about 30 mins I reckon. You're unfortunate that you cut across the bus boundary - First and Arriva - so there isn't a quick bus from Leeds (the Arriva ones are slow).
Would your employer fund a taxi from Morley train station?

[I'm not far from Morley]

Hmm, thought it would be quite a way from the station. I'm sure there's no way I could get a taxi funded...I'll be working for the NHS!! Next March/April time I will be working at St James's on Beckett St so hopefully it will be a bit easier to get to?!!

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:

Hmm, thought it would be quite a way from the station. I'm sure there's no way I could get a taxi funded...I'll be working for the NHS!! Next March/April time I will be working at St James's on Beckett St so hopefully it will be a bit easier to get to?!!

Oh you're in the building in front of Adsa?
I just found a bus from Leeds to Morley which takes an hour. A whole HOUR!

Beckett Street is Leeds 9 - don't walk around there alone at night!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
moominbadger wrote:

Oh you're in the building in front of Adsa?
I just found a bus from Leeds to Morley which takes an hour. A whole HOUR!

Beckett Street is Leeds 9 - don't walk around there alone at night!

Yep, that ugly building in front of Asda!!! I've found a bus which apparently takes 25 mins ish to Morley from Leeds - the 51? Am going to try it out tomorrow.
Er, yes, I've heard the area around the hospital isn't particularly pleasant...oh what fun I have to look forward to!!

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
Olso is clearly a place to be these days. damn.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 4:29 PM Quote
moominbadger wrote:

Yep, that ugly building in front of Asda!!! I've found a bus which apparently takes 25 mins ish to Morley from Leeds - the 51? Am going to try it out tomorrow.
Er, yes, I've heard the area around the hospital isn't particularly pleasant...oh what fun I have to look forward to!!

That doesn't sound so bad, as long as it turns up (I'm a pessimist when it comes to public transport!)
It's bloody awful, and that's putting it mildly.

Good luck with it all :)

*outta here*

happy_me
happy_me Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
I LIVE IN OSLO!!! erhmmm.... *hides*

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
Damn it!!! Knew I had chosen the wrong town to live in.......oh....yes. The wrong country too.

x

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:27 PM