Travis

So, Edinburgh, Whats your plans?
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:16 AM Quote
Well, got the Thurs and Fri off work so I'll be going for it. Had originally planned to go through early and start drinkin at about 1. On advice from the more altogether sensible Mrs MoreThanMe we decided that it would be better to go through for about 4ish, have dinner then a few hours in a cheap bar in the Cowgate called Rush, or in the Tron just off the royal mile (Mrs MoreThanMe just graduated from Edinburgh uni, so we know the cheapest and best pubs in auld reekie, id recommend both to anyone who wants a cheap studenty pub)before the gig. Hopefully I'll be drunk enough to jabber pish to folk i meet, but sober enough to remember the gig. Then back to the hotel or hostel (not booked yet)for a few more drinks, then bed, then up the next day for the train to glasgow to meet the band at the instore in Union St.

Re: So, Edinburgh, Whats your plans?
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:21 AM Quote
Receiving my ticket , might be a good start.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:28 AM Quote
Twas a bit worried bout that. Thank god those good folks at Ticketmaster were on the ball, ours arrived last week. Id give it this week and start panicing next week. Good I dont need to though.

Seems this gigsandtours lot are a bit of a let down.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 15 Sep, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
Come on folks....

JustTheFacesChange
JustTheFacesChange Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
sounds like you got quite a big plan ahead to you, im from france and was a big fan of the band back in the days, now i live in London and come up for both / 3 of the gigs as well, staying in a hostel in edinburgh and booked a room in a student accomodation in Glasgow, looking forward to it even though i havent received the Edinburgh ticket yet either and i am going on my own!

would be quite up for meeting a bunch of scottish round there so if anyone fancy a hangout, give me a shout!

Amandine

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 6:40 PM Quote
Cool, might see you out and about then, i'll be wearing my Peace The Fuck Out t-shirt. If you see me say hello.

JustTheFacesChange
JustTheFacesChange Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
yep good, even though there might be quite a few people dressed out like that ahah, is the train to glasgow cheaper than a bus with a young persons railcard? (i know its £5 for a bus...) how quick is it?

any good places to advise (i arrive at 3 in edinburgh and only been there to visit the castle about 2 months ago lol)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
Gladly, if you wouldn't mind getting some vid of him "jabbering pish" that would be great.

; )

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 7:59 PM Quote
Well, the bus will take 1 to 1 and a half hours. The train is roughly double the price, but with a young persons rail card its about £7.30 and it takes about 50 mins. Waverley-Glasgow Queen Street.

If it was me, id get the train. They run more regular, are more reliable, and you always run the risk on the bus of being squashed beside a smelly person. Less so on the train.

As regards to places to go. If your looking for a cheap place try the Tron just off the Royal Mile, or Rush in the Cowgate.

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
Right i dunno my plans for it yet but apart from getting the train thru. i've heard about that cheap place on lothian rd and been to the tron before. Train fares with a young persons are £6.45 if you go before or on the 16.30 train or £11.70 travelling on the 16.45 - 18.15 it reverts back to £6.45 if you get the 18.30 which arrives at 19.19 in waverly so that'll be 19.15ish at haymarket which is closer to the venue i believe. Incidently i got the 18.30 to the liquid rooms gig last year and got there ok!

Craig

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Tue 16 Sep, 2008 8:07 PM Quote
Double post sorry

Craig

JustTheFacesChange
JustTheFacesChange Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
thanks for your precious infos, that sounds like a plan i might pop into one of these!
if anyone's up for hanging out anyways, give me an email and we can meet before the show!

x

ps: any news from your tickets??? still havent got mine and i live in London so im starting to think it might not arrive in time...

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:31 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Gladly, if you wouldn't mind getting some vid of him "jabbering pish" that would be great.

; )

pish jabbering will be recorded and posted.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

; )

pish jabbering will be recorded and posted.

EXCELLENT.

Digsy
Digsy Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
i haven't got any plans too (and a ticket as well, YET) so i'm up for a meeting!

i'm arriving in scotland on the same day, will have to get from glasgow airport on a bus to glasgow and then will probably take a train to edinburgh, get to the B&B i'm staying at and there my plans are ending, basically have free time to wander about edinburgh's centre!

am also a little bit worried about the tickets, the gig's next week and i still haven't got them! ugh...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:52 PM