Travis

Re: Something Anything - Commercial Hit or Flop?
Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:02 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
they need to get on Wossie or Jools etc soon for the album to hit top 5. :)

They were on JR's radio show last week - ahhhh did you miss it? Have a search around here, there's bound to be a link to the podcast or something. It was an enjoyable interview and performance.

I'm still not concerned about charting, but I disagree with the people who say that SA is a bad first single choice.

Song to Self is remarkably similar to Closer - too gentle, and which didn't do the band any great favours. SA is miles more punchy and dynamic. I say go for it!

Meantime, panic not. I still maintain that the album is the real measure.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
Yes I did. Not heard it yet. Have it downloaded. :) I was meaning the TV show really. They've never done that... I don't think. And they always do Jools!!! :)

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
A song never becomes a hit by itself, it needs a concerted effort by an influential somebody to actually kick it up the charts, and into the mainstream. Unfortunately, that 'aint happening with Something Anything in the UK, and it's a real shame cause it's a brilliant single.

It could be worse. In Australia, no Travis single from 12 Memories, Boy With No Name or Ode To J Smith as recieved any radioplay on wither the mainstream radio stations, or the more indie radio stations. The only Travis songs that get played on radio down under are Sing and Why Does It Always Rain On Me.

oflo84
oflo84 Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 1:48 PM Quote
The single will be out of top40... that's really bad. J Smith was limited, ok, but not charted, and Somethin Anything is doing bad too.

But, I like the songs, that I think is the most important thing.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 19 Sep, 2008 3:14 PM Quote
Bellringer wrote:
A song never becomes a hit by itself, it needs a concerted effort by an influential somebody to actually kick it up the charts, and into the mainstream.

What he said ^^^^

As we know, there isn't a massive publicity machine behind this album. There seems to be a small, possibly self perpetuated one.

Having said that, there didn't seem to be a whole lot more behind TBWNN, even though the album was signed to Independiente, and it wasn't a massive success. This is very likely why.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 8:16 PM