Travis

GLASGOW GIG !!!
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 2:06 AM Quote
ABC Night before Edinburgh yassss, another Ode Gig ForMe !!

Re: GLASGOW GIG !!!
Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 2:52 AM Quote
its night after edinburgh but im skint till friday so here's hoping it dont sell out

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 2:57 AM Quote
ok its on the abc website but can't find tickets for it i did tell you's all that i thought they would do a secret show in glasgow lol so if someone finds out how to get a ticket or maybe travis web team can tell us all thanks

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 5:50 AM Quote
Blah, it's 5 days after I leave the country. Bad timing, really bad timing!

Hope you'll enjoy the gig, and give us a report!

elfy
elfy Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:25 AM Quote
Hadn't got a ticket for the gigs because with my wedding coming up we didn't really have the time or money to be travelling anywhere but if there's a Glasgow gig we might just have to reconsider!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 8:09 AM Quote
yep brilliant news ! sadly not for me as I can see no way to take time off then :(

soo pleased for all the weegies though ! :)

mili
mili Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 8:31 AM Quote
This came through the mailing list:

Travis add Glasgow date to UK tour
Travis have added an intimate home coming gig to their schedule of UK dates coinciding with the release of their new album Ode To J Smith.

Along with previously announced sold out Scottish dates in Inverness, Aberdeen and Edinburgh the band will now play Glagow's ABC on September 26th.

Tickets are restricted to 4 per application, are priced £19.50 and are on sale at 9am tomorrow (Wednesday, 10th September) via www.ticketmaster.co.uk Telephone: 0844 847 2363.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 9:14 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Blah, it's 5 days after I leave the country. Bad timing, really bad timing!

Hope you'll enjoy the gig, and give us a report!

same here, same here! the magic streak of being in Glasgow the same time as Travis seems to have left me for good :(

.... unless they decide to play another gig a month later !lol

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 9:19 AM Quote
To be honest, id much rather they released this information when the tour was originally announced. Id much prefer to go to a glasgow gig than edinburgh as it suits me better. Edinburgh gig means i need to take time off work, Glasgow would have been no problem.

Get your tour manager sorted boys.

Craigyboy
Craigyboy Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:54 AM Quote
Quote:
To be honest, id much rather they released this information when the tour was originally announced. Id much prefer to go to a glasgow gig than edinburgh as it suits me better. Edinburgh gig means i need to take time off work, Glasgow would have been no problem.

Get your tour manager sorted boys.

Totally agree with you on that, as it wasnt listed when the tour was announced most of us from glasgow bought edin tickets as its the nearest to us and then they do this as i mentioned i dont have cash till friday and i bet they are sold out by then!!

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
It's very annoying. Possibly a sly marketing ploy? ABC is awesome, but i can't afford to first of all get a ticket and second of all take another night off work.

Guys, please don't do this again- if you're going to announce tour dates, do them all at the same time aye?

limey
limey Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 10:22 AM Quote
Saw the mail about the gig yesterday morning and went straight there to get tickets.
Nice one.
Been waiting for years to see them.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:28 AM