Travis

Re: Proof Big Brother should be axed ...
spid
spid Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 11:23 AM Quote
What's Big Brother?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 2:44 PM Quote
The way I see it, BB has become a monster.

I confess, I've only ever followed one series, several years ago, and that was because I was reviewing it for a college assignment. But from reading the papers I can see that it is now train wreck tv, nothing better. And, as someone else said, it showcases deeply unpleasant members of society such as Jade Goody, who, otherwise, would have gone under the radar throughout their lives, and the public would have been spared knowledge of her very existence.

The problem with most reality programmes is that they start off with an interesting premise, but to maintain ratings, the contestants get more and more unpleasant/ extreme (call it what you will).

Another example is the Apprentice. The idea is great, but as time goes on, and as mentioned, to keep up ratings, the researchers recruit contestants who are less and less worthy and more charicatured with each series.

But BB is by far the worst example. I wish it would just go away.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
I liked Rachel.

Look, every bloody year BB's populated full of all these really annoying 'LOOK AT ME I'M BRILLIANT' morons with one eye on the cameras and another on all the magazine deals they'll get after they leave.

Taking clothes off - $$$$$$$$
Romance with other housemate - $$$$$$
bitching, gossiping - $$$$

etc. The self-obsession is terrifying. I find people like that insanely boring, forget Rachel types.

Why shouldn't a genuinely nice, decent person in a sea of idiots get the last laugh? I was really glad she did.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:58 AM