Travis

Re: Which are your prefered actors of actresses ?
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
clive owen right away for me.

ryan gosling grew on me after his performance in 'half nelson' and 'lars and the real girl'

don cheadle is great

quite fond of matt damon

mmm...that's it for now

oh and yeah Jon Hamm...aka Don Draper on Mad Men. cripes!

Don Draper is dead sexy! all he does is smoke and drink and cheat on his wife and yet...mmmmm
And Half Nelson was amazing. It was kinda lacking in a plot, per say, but the acting was amazing.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 10:33 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Don Draper is dead sexy! all he does is smoke and drink and cheat on his wife and yet...mmmmm

mmmhhmm

minnmess wrote:
And Half Nelson was amazing. It was kinda lacking in a plot, per say, but the acting was amazing.

yeah i agree...i was kinda shaken by it the day after

physke
physke Posted Mon 01 Sep, 2008 11:11 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Oh I hate hate hate Jim Carey!!! :(

I agree whole heartedly. Hate Hate Hate*. He is waaaay too hyper and over-the-top.

*This applies only to his acting, not him personally.

Yep, I hate Jim Carrey too. But still I can't stop myself watching his films: I love the mask and eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. It's like a diseased relationship. I love/hate him.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:51 AM Quote
physke wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Oh I hate hate hate Jim Carey!!! :(

I agree whole heartedly. Hate Hate Hate*. He is waaaay too hyper and over-the-top.

*This applies only to his acting, not him personally.

Yep, I hate Jim Carrey too. But still I can't stop myself watching his films: I love the mask and eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. It's like a diseased relationship. I love/hate him.

That was exactly my point!!!! I hated hated hated him, too. And I did not watch the movies, until...ok...I am not going to repeat the story...But I will repeat this:
Eternal Sunshine is a gooooood movie.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 10:24 AM Quote
John Malkovich Kevin Spacey two of the best psychopath performances ever.
Very calm and deliberate and not over the top.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah John Hannah is far too "nice" to play Rebus, from reading the books I got the feeling that if I met Rebus I would thin he was an arse, an extremely clever and good at what he does arse but still an Arse. Ken Stott was a great choice however I was disappoined with the writing of the series, there wasn't much in the way of depth to the characters, I'd have liked to have seen the relationship with Siobhan - Rebus - and the stories were seriously chopped and butchered to fit the time allowance, why couldn't they have done it the same way as they did others by making them 2 or 3 parts. That said it was a much better attempt than the Hannah version.

Dubz

btw Stott was also very good in The Vice and Taking Over the Asylum

The writing was pants, but i watched it because it was Ken Stott. Claire Price wasn't very good as Siobhan, she had the right 'look' but needed to be feisty .. and well, the script didn't allow it, in fact it was a very wimpish performance.
I think they got the actual filming right, the dark brooding Edinburgh shots were pretty good.
But, on the whole, it all seemed a bit rushed - like you say, they should've been 2 or 3 parts to a story (maybe a Sunday & Monday night think like they did with Dalziel and Pascoe).

physke
physke Posted Tue 02 Sep, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:

That was exactly my point!!!! I hated hated hated him, too. And I did not watch the movies, until...ok...I am not going to repeat the story...But I will repeat this:
Eternal Sunshine is a gooooood movie.

And although I dislike Tom Cruise, topgun is one of my favorites.. I love it:) "your ego is writing checks, your body can't cash"

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 1:46 PM