Travis

Weather for Thetford Forest
DarrenW
DarrenW Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 7:52 AM Quote
For those of you travelling to East Anglia for tonights gig, the weather is not looking good :((((

Anglia news has just said heavy showers and possibility of thunder so please, make sure you wear something waterproof and bring your wellies!!

Sigh...to think I always dreamed of hearing "Why does it always rain on me" sung live while it rained - now its gonna happen!

Re: Weather for Thetford Forest
hotdog
hotdog Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 1:48 PM Quote
I'm 2 miles from the gig site and we have weak sunshine here right now but thunderstorms predicted for around kickoff this evening - ponchos available on site for £1 each - no umbrellas!

Linda2671
Linda2671 Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 3:11 PM Quote
hi

if you live that close presumably you've been to other gigs there? what happens if it is thunder - does it still go ahead? just thinking about the lightning potential in a forest?!?!

lozm
lozm Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 4:23 PM Quote
Just found this from the forestry commison website:

Friday's Travis concert at High Lodge, Thetford Forest Santon Downham will go ahead regardless of weather except in extreme circumstances. We remind patrons that umbrellas are not permitted in the concert arena due to health and safety issues and that they can obscure the vision of the stage for audience standing behind them. In case of inclement weather wear warm waterproof clothing and footwear. Car Parks open at 5.00pm and gates at 6.00pm. Allow plenty of time for your journey.

I guess extreme circumstances means hurricanes or something highly unlikely.

hotdog
hotdog Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 4:25 PM Quote
Strangely enough - even though I live within easy walking distance this will be my first forest gig!

The High Lodge people are saying that as far as they are concerned it is still going ahead at the moment - however they reserve the right to cancel at the last minute if the conditions are deemed too dangerous -i.e. high winds toppling trees, flying branches, lightning strikes etc. The concert is obviously in a very large open area within the forest but that brings issues of its own! Any cancellation will be broadcast via the local media but at the moment we still have sunshine (of sorts). Also just noticed the Met office has updated its symbol for Thetford from angry raincloud with lightning to white cloud with a little raindrop so this and how it is outside right now seems encouraging!

Come along - and buy yourself a poncho if it's still wet!

DarrenW
DarrenW Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 4:44 PM Quote
Rain has stopped now. My workmate went and saw James Morrison last night and said it was awesome. Im sure Travis will be better though :-)

Should be a great night guys, enjoy it!

Darren (near Thetford)

Linda2671
Linda2671 Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
thanks for update - I guess they have to cover themselves in the case of really adverse weather. I've got my wellies on so as long as it doesn't get cancelled I'm ready for whatever the weather wants to throw at us! setting out shortly, have an hours drive there. Enjoy!!!

hotdog
hotdog Posted Fri 08 Jun, 2007 11:25 PM Quote
Had a great time tonight - and not a spot of rain - unless you count the beer kind!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:55 AM