Travis

Stereophonics
Rodders
Rodders Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:17 PM Quote
Has anyone seen the Phonics live? I'm going to see them in Novemeber at Nottingham.

Re: Stereophonics
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:18 PM Quote
Aye, one of my early gigs was The Phonics.

They are so much better in small, poky, sweaty venues.

Rodders
Rodders Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:21 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
They are so much better in small, poky, sweaty venues.

Not Nottingham Arena then? XD

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:26 PM Quote
Nope.

Rock City is where it's at.

Notts arena to watch The Panties getting beaten is so much better.

Paris gig: don't miss the supporting band!
yolanda
yolanda Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:42 PM Quote
Hello!
just saw that Unkle Bob are opening for Travis tonight in Paris (they also played in Amsterdam) and they're really good! They have an album out and I saw them live last year in Glasgow and really loved their music. So, you should make sure you get at the venue on time to see them and you won't be disappointed ;-)
Here's their myspace link: http://www.myspace.com/unklebobband
And, of course, enjoy the show!!!!

Paris gig. don't miss the supporting band!!
yolanda
yolanda Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:51 PM Quote
Hello!
just saw that Unkle Bob are opening for Travis tonight in Paris (they also played in Amsterdam) and they're really good! They have an album out and I saw them live last year in Glasgow and really loved their music. So, you should make sure you get at the venue on time to see them and you won't be disappointed ;-)
Here's their myspace link: http://www.myspace.com/unklebobband
And, of course, enjoy the show!!!!

Els*
Els* Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:55 PM Quote
Rodders wrote:
Has anyone seen the Phonics live? I'm going to see them in Novemeber at Nottingham.

Yep, sure have. I've seen them a handful of times but that is in the US, never in England. I had planned to see them over in Europe but they had to cancel due to a family emergency. So it was just Oasis.

yolanda
yolanda Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 4:56 PM Quote
sorry about the 2 previous posts, they were meant to appear on the travis area on a new post but ended up here somehow...

Els*
Els* Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 5:01 PM Quote
Yeah you can tell that they got in this thread by mistake if you look at the subject heading. Just the gremlins messing with the new board. :D

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 5:24 PM Quote
I have. I like their earlier stuff more than the last album, but went to see them on that tour with my ex, who was as big a phonics fan as i am a Travis fan, so i was dragged. Saying that, i was pretty impressed. They're better than i thought they'd be

alramon13
alramon13 Posted Thu 07 Jun, 2007 6:21 PM Quote
Really good live band. They used to come over here to the US more than they do now and maybe that's why i was more into them back when they did tour more. Now i have to be reminded about how great they are. They really are exceptional musicians.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:37 AM