Travis

Sounds of Summer
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:24 AM Quote
Hello all!

Lately it's been so hot around here (Yesterday it was 106 F... that's 41 C for my non American peeps). But that's neither here nor there. Do you guys have any songs that have been in rotation on your iTunes playlist lately? I made a playlist the other day of my songs of summer.

Electric Feel - MGMT
Mercy - Duffy
Going On - Gnarls Barkley
Time to Pretend - MGMT
A&E - Goldfrapp
I'm Not Gonna TeachYour Boyfriend How To Dance With You - Black Kids
My Only Offer - Mates of State
Strange Times - The Black Keys
Cath... - Death Cab for Cutie
Thank You Too - My Morning Jacket
Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend
L.E.S. Artistes - Santogold

Re: Sounds of Summer
DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:31 AM Quote
Quote:
I'm Not Gonna TeachYour Boyfriend How To Dance With You - Black Kids

Ooo, before I add anything: What do you think of the New version of this song, as compared to the one from the EP? (I prefer the old one, but I don't think the new one is as horrible as some people are making it out to be.) :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:43 AM Quote
I didn't realize the Partie Traumatic had a different version then the EP. Have to check that out. Did you hear about
Pitchfork's review? They are so snarky.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:49 AM Quote
I heard about it! Didn't witness it though...I never really got into pitchfork that much so they're neither here nor there for me unless they do something monumentally snarky like that. Hah!

I don't have any fresh songs to share! I have to get my lists from work and see what piqued my interest last week. :D

Do you have the EP version, or the Album version? Hehe, you can really tell the difference. Heard the album version on KROQ the other day, I still like it. *shrug*

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:53 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I heard about it! Didn't witness it though...I never really got into pitchfork that much so they're neither here nor there for me unless they do something monumentally snarky like that. Hah!

I don't have any fresh songs to share! I have to get my lists from work and see what piqued my interest last week. :D

Do you have the EP version, or the Album version? Hehe, you can really tell the difference. Heard the album version on KROQ the other day, I still like it. *shrug*

Okay listened.

You're right, the EP version is better.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 6:59 AM Quote

I am SO ridiculous! I just accidentally purchased another album. :P Why do I keep hitting the buy album button on I-Tunes? I don't get it! Haha! (It's Evil Urges by My Morning Jacket by the way.) Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 7:03 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:

I am SO ridiculous! I just accidentally purchased another album. :P Why do I keep hitting the buy album button on I-Tunes? I don't get it! Haha! (It's Evil Urges by My Morning Jacket by the way.) Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Haha! I avoided that by doing the shopping cart method.

I think you'll like it. I do a lot, I have one of the tracks in my playlist (Thank You Too) I think I'm going to go see them on the 18th. Should be fun.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 7:09 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:

Haha! I avoided that by doing the shopping cart method.

I think you'll like it. I do a lot, I have one of the tracks in my playlist (Thank You Too) I think I'm going to go see them on the 18th. Should be fun.

Yeah, I need to set that up again, because...I don't know what is wrong with me lately! Haha! I've got a manic clicking finger.

I'm just kind of on the fence because the songs I've liked of theirs in the past have been far out numbered by the ones I don't...or maybe I just reaaaaaally hated that Mahgeeta song. A lot. I've liked quite a few off the new one though, so that's a plus.

Did I rec Happens to Us all Otherwise, by Bound Stems? yet

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 7:19 AM Quote
Uhhh, I guess not.

What other albums have you "accidentally" bought?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 7:22 AM Quote
Phantom Planet...

and Chappaquiddick Skyline <--I really just wanted the One song. Haha!

And with that, I am off to bed. Have to get up early and get gas and coffee before work. :D

milos
milos Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 12:23 PM Quote
Sounds of Summer.. Hmm, anything by The Beach Boys? :) I don't like summer too much, but some of their songs (almost) make me change my mind! ;)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 12:30 PM Quote

Weather in this part of the world ain't great so I think I'll turn it around a little...

Grey Day - Madness
Rain - The Beatles
The Sun and The Rain - Madness
Blue Monday - New Order (even though it is Tuesday)
Through Out the Drak Months of April and May - Cocteau Twins
April Skies - Jesus and Mary Chain

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:22 PM